Old 08-31-2016   #11
Aspen, Colorado
Originally Posted by floatforfun View Post
climbbd510, would you send a web inquiry to my website ?
I would like to see pictures of what you are describing.
We just put the cat into storage for the winter but I can get in there and take some photos for you in the next few days.

climbbd510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #12
Helena, Montana
Paddling Since: 75
climbbd510, some pictures would be great if its not to much trouble. I would rather work with you thru my website. What color is it ?

floatforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #13
Knoxville, Maryland
Paddling Since: 1978
I only asked details as to your setup because I've paddled for decades...but never a cat...just tring to gain expertise..via the net. I'm going to the river.... smile brother
Pat Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #14
Flagstaff, Arizona
Originally Posted by Managan View Post
A little extra $$ for a ton of extra confidence. Just sayn'

16ft Aire Jaguarundi Cataraft - Mountain Buzz Gear Swap
Something like that does seem the better option after doing some more research. For the rivers I want to row and the way I do it (poorly and without grace) some more reputable tubes seem like the ticket.

'06/'07 was when the jag changed shape a bit, were there any other significant changes made that make the '06 tubes different?
giegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #15
Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I think managen has a good point, if you can pull the extra money for better quality tubes, I think you will end up further ahead in the long run. The more I've been seeing, the more aire is looking like a solid value for the money. I'm starting to lean towards a new set of Lion tubes for my next boat, if i can save up the money( want the extra floatation), but that Jagurundi would probly make ya a great boat.

Out of curiosity, when ya running Cat? Will be down there middle of the month, might see ya!
" I wish I were a headlight, on a North bound train..."
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #16
Flagstaff, Arizona
Lion tubes would be a nice setup eventually. A friend has some and they're definitely on my radar for bigger trips but everybody seems to hold onto theirs while the jags getting past the 10 year mark are coming up for good prices.

Current plan for cat is to head up late Friday the 7th and drive back sometime the following Sunday. Not actually sure on the exact dates for launch and take out, too excited for a week off and hopefully playing around on a new boat to bother with the details.
giegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #17
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
There are some very nice looking manufacturer photos of rafts/cats coming out of China but I say don't do it. Bought a non brand raft because I could afford it at the time and regret it. Sure I got some runs out of it but so much time was lost trying to make repairs when the creeks and rivers were prime only to chuck it in the trash and lose the rest of the season.

Keep your eyes peeled for a well priced, name brand Hyp or PVC boat with a reputation for quality even if it has a lot of river miles. Many repair shops will tell you to put a bullet in your bargain raft because they don't want to work on a delaminating, junk boat when they can be making lasting repairs on real boats...or wait until winter when they are all caught up.

My 2 cents

Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote