Old 04-28-2010   #1
Up North, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1985
Bullet Rafts

Bullet Watercraft :: The Bullet Story

Another new company to provide glued PVC boats for all at affordable costs.

I like competition and hummor, both of which are provided by this company's website, news to me that Avon is now a cheaper alternative than NRS. And it is hardly a comparison to talk about sotar PVC boats in the same breath as star or Vangaurd in terms of craftsmanship, construction technique, country of origin, or age of business, etc. The big issue is D-rings and handles?

There is some funny stuff on there in what is said, and in what is ommitted.

I assume these boats are built overseas too.

Good luck to all, purchasers and company in this new endever.

shappattack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #2
what would a new raft line be without shap to attack it. guy must own stock in aire or somthin

I'll boat til the rivers run dry
CoBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010   #3
Up North, Oregon
That's a curious conclusion as I din't mention aire, and made no attack at all, just thought the website was funny. What part was attacking? If anything I posted a link for possible customers to become aware.
Old 04-28-2010   #4
Up North, Oregon
And what attacks have been made to other dealers? if you mean pointing out complete product mis-representation then I have discussed that re the Boise Saturn dealer only. If you might notice the other prominent saturn dealer has decided a complete re-vamp and beef up of the "puncture proof" fabric is now warranted.

Disclaimer: I am in no way trying to compare Bullet to Saturn or start another saturn thread.

What I would really like to see is someone start really thinking out of the box regarding new raft products, something like the dude with the machine shop is doing to interesting frame fitting design, not just repeating the same old ideas (lets get someone in China to glue us up some cheap PVC boats with minor tweaks to the competition).
Old 04-29-2010   #5
Paddling Since: 1994
looks like somebody found the vanguard factory.
zach baird
zbaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010   #6
Portland, Oregon
Thanks from Bullet Watercraft for spreading the word about our boats! We understand that we're young and new and have to earn your respect in the boating community- we're working hard to do that. We're launching a blog that includes trip reports and video on many great stretches of river, from creeks to multi-day trips. Our blog will showcase what our boats have run, where they can be seen, as well as new features, innovations, and deals:

Our boats are receiving great reviews and next year's models come out every August. One of our biggest innovations for 2011 is streamlining a supply-chain that creates made-to-order boats and allows customers to choose:
- color
- material
- thwart attachment style
- whether to attach a rub-strake
all free of charge. In speaking with outfitters and private boaters, it seems everyone has slightly different preferences as to what they want- so Bullet has decided to give the customers the flexibility of choosing these features, while still offering some of the most affordable boats in the industry.

You can learn more about our "Fine Lookin' Boats for Everyone" at:

Bullet Watercraft :: Commercial Grade Inflatable Rafts for Boaters with Personality

You can also find us on Facebook and Twitter, though you'd probably have more fun just getting out on the water
riverpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010   #7
Dundee, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1989

I see a company has a 12 foot in "Rockstar" for sale in Portland, do you know about it? It's a demo boat, I'd like to see one. What is the Bullet story, where are they built? Are they glued? What are the seems like?
Learch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010   #8
sh$t show voyeuor/host
Barnard(Marshall), North Carolina
Paddling Since: wen?
I was wondering when this thread whould happen. Took longer than I expected.
matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010   #9
Paddling Since: 1975
I am with a swiftwater rescue team looking to purchase a 12'-14' raft any suggestions on brands,types or construction.
handlebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010   #10
Cisco, Utah
Paddling Since: Dawn
handlebar, what kinda water would it be used in... What kind of range of water would typically / potentially be a response area...

river name / area
flood plane?

UserName is offline   Reply With Quote