Bought a raft...fixer upper
So I bought this Odyssey from a dude down in Parker a few months back, and this is really the best picture I have of it with the frame. I had to break it down in the parking lot the night I bought it, and strap it to the top of my camper shell/stuff in the back of the truck with the raft rolled up.
Let me state my purpose here: fly fishing/camping/cruising/class 4,5 waters.
1. I need to have removable thwarts. The raft only came with 1. I need to figure out a way to cut it out, but still be able to put it back in later. I know DRE has a kit, and their repair guy charges upwards of $35-45/hour. Anyone want to help me out for beers? I also need to buy another thwart, to throw in when I want to take the frame off.
2. As you can see from the pic, the oarsman seat, sits on the rear thwart. Not cool. Won't work. I either need a cross bar I believe, or a cooler/drybox to sit the seat on, or just take it off (which I will more than likely do).
3. I think I want to get rid of the pins for the oars, and go with the cobra style (still new to this raft setup stuff)
4. The wood platform where the bow seat is has to go as well.
5. Any recommendations on a better setup. I am sure you guys have lots of plans and ideas.
Again, this is my first raft, but not my first time on the water. I was a guide for a hot minute over in NC. I never rowed though. Always paddled with clients/customers. Just looking for help, suggestions, on what I need to do make this baby work for fly fishing one weekend, then switch up to use as a paddle setup with friends and family on the Upper/Lower C.
Thank you all. I love this forum. Lots and lots to learn on here.