Old 07-06-2016   #21
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
One more thing- I should explain my thinking in getting a boat only 2 ft shorter than the other with almost the same width. What i needed was a Lightweight foldable boat that i could do day trips with the family safely (large tubes keep kids dry and happy, width allows for large deck for laying out , 4 chambers is safer).

If my goal was to pair a fun small boat with my larger boat for paddling and all the other small boat hooliganisms, I would have gotten a mini max or a sabertooth etc.

The 12 is fun to r2, but not as splashy and fun as a mini raft. So I'm probably gonna add another little boat at some point but it wouldn't meet my needs for a camper raft.

That said, I noticed that the rocky my paddlecat can also take a 60" frame. Hmmmm.

Whoapiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016   #22
nunya, bizness
Thanks for all the great responses - this has given me a lot to chew on. I think, I am leaning towards finding a good deal on a Puma or an NRS 12' or on craigslist - I'd say Hyside 12 footer on CL too but they are kind of rare to see around here. I am also taking the 10.5ers back into consideration. Money is a factor too and the minis are cheaper. Plus they would be fun to have. If I went 10.5 I'd have to say it would be the Mini Max being hypalon and so light. And I'm not needing to purchase till next spring, so if I see a good sale on a new boat I may jump on it but in the meantime I'll be watching the classifieds. But I'll say my top 3 are Puma, NRS E120, Mini Max.

bob_dobalina is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off