BLASTER - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-12-2014   #21

., ...
Paddling Since: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataraftgirl View Post
Thanks for the info on the Woodland. Hard choice.....versatile product, but no service. Have most folks who've used the Woodland for many years had problems that required service?

I've had mine for 3 years now and haven't had a single problem with it, works great!

Pro Leisure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #22

Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1969
Bought my Woodland in 2006, I think. Don't know about different regulators, do know a friend who has one from 2009 and there is no "tab" on one of the legs of his - mine has the tab, with a little warning info and powerstove.com address... otherwise no differences.
Agree they are simple, that's one of the beauty parts! I carry a little piece of stainless wire that fits orifice, otherwise there is nothing you can do maintenance-wise (that I'm aware of!).
B4otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014   #23
The Old Troll

Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
After getting a few grains of sand in the Acme Nut (Day two Grand Canyon) I changed out the standard black nut one for a green one . The green nut is designed for higher flow rate and has a larger orifice. I can now get a fine piece of wire through it to clean it out.
Old 05-12-2014   #24

Niwot, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Miller View Post
After getting a few grains of sand in the Acme Nut (Day two Grand Canyon) I changed out the standard black nut one for a green one . The green nut is designed for higher flow rate and has a larger orifice. I can now get a fine piece of wire through it to clean it out.
So - I guess the nut is somewhat independent of final flow since that is gauged by the regulator. I would imagine the spring (88 in the diagram) in the OPD green nut would also be larger and less prone to issues. I'm almost thinking of just moving most of my river devices to a green acme nut - the regulator will still control the flow.

I had a lot of issues with the OPD on my Coleman hose blocking the flow and had to REALLY carefully turn the propane tank valve on slowly so it wouldn't engage.

Figure with the green nut if I want to blow through 200,000 BTUs I'll at least have that option
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6895952-0-large.jpg
Views:	3195
Size:	639.4 KB
ID:	8353  
Old 05-12-2014   #25

Niwot, Colorado
In my previous post, please it was brought to my attention that it shouldn't be the OPD but rather the acme nut.
Old 05-13-2014   #26

Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2001
I gotta say I love a real Partner Blaster. I did a trip a few years ago and a guy said he had a "Blaster" but it was a Woodland. Here I was expecting instant dishwater and immediate coffee and I had to wait! It seemed like days at the time...

If you want to heat a lot of water fast, the Woodland doesn't hold a candle to the Partner Blaster in my experience. If you want to pack an spare stove burner that puts out a bit more heat, buy the Woodland.
jakebrown98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014   #27
Beginner

Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Woodland stoves kick ass. I bought mine, including the fake logs (which I recommend) at DRE. The fake fire kicks ass when the fire pan is being used to cook or the group separates. It's also good for an emergency device if someone swims and is shivering.

Oh yeah, it also boils water fast!

We mostly float with smaller groups these days and a Woodland plus a 2 burner camp stove (this is what I want from Partner) is all we need! No spare parts necessary, one stove is the backup for the other and the fire pan is the back up to both.
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014   #28

Niwot, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
Woodland stoves kick ass. I bought mine, including the fake logs (which I recommend) at DRE. The fake fire kicks ass when the fire pan is being used to cook or the group separates. It's also good for an emergency device if someone swims and is shivering.

Oh yeah, it also boils water fast!

We mostly float with smaller groups these days and a Woodland plus a 2 burner camp stove (this is what I want from Partner) is all we need! No spare parts necessary, one stove is the backup for the other and the fire pan is the back up to both.
+1. We used the woodland for 22 days straight and it worked like a champ. Boiled water sooopa fast and was easily used for boiling water. Also, folded flat for being stowed in a small space.

Maybe the previous poster was just not using the woodland on it's high setting because we heated dishwater in just a few minutes.
Old 03-20-2016   #29

Nampa, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2014
Reviving an old thread. My Woodland Power Stove is leaking propane. Not a lot, but I thought I would replace the regulator. After reading this thread, I am befuddled. They say the original regulator was a 0-26psi. I can get 0-10, 0-20, or 0-30. Any suggestions? Has anyone tried replacing the regulator on their WPS with one of these non OEM regulators? This is the WPS with the leaky regulator. Attachment 11166

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Dr.AndyDVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016   #30

Niwot, Colorado
I replaced mine with this. Higher flow nut and stainless steel hose. You may need an adapter for the stove to the nut IIRC.

King Kooker High Pressure Adjustable Regulator with Type 1 Connection-34502 - The Home Depot