Old 02-17-2010   #1
Up North, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1985
big water rafts?

Another importer starting on the market, but using hypalon. Anyone have one of these? Seriously not looking to start a bashing thread like the Saturn one. They don't seem to be making any outlandish claims like some of the other importers, and have a 2 year construction warranty with shipping payed that woudl appear to cover delamination that was not caused by improper use.

Home Page

shappattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #2
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
Already a thread going about them.
New Raft Company

I can't speak just yet to the quality as I have not seen or ran them myself. What I can say though is that they seem like a great group of people trying to provide quality rafts on the cheap. I'm helping them out with some graphic design work, and the guy I have been in touch with is a real solid guy. So I'm under the impression at this point that they will be a great company to work with from a customer support point of view. I plan to have one of their 13ft Hypalons on the water this summer, and will be sure to report back.

nmalozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010   #3
Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2002
What's with the order deadline?
TheCanyonWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010   #4
Logan, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
order deadline

Their website has a FAQ page that seems to answer the order deadline question:
"Q: What's with the order deadline?
A: We put in our manufacturing orders twice per month. This way we are able to "pool" your order with everyone else's. Why do we do this? Just like anything in manufacturing, the more boats we have in an order, the less expensive it is. That's just one of the ways we are able to save you money."

It's like everyone is making a big bulk order. Bulk pricing?
Dutch boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010   #5
Logan, Salt Lake, Utah
Paddling Since: 2002
My name is Arne Carter, I am one of the owners of Big Water Raft Co. Thanks for not starting a post to bash us! Seriously though, these forums can get pretty heated. I just wanted to say real quick that our boats are tough, and anybody can come and check them out in SLC. We will always have a demo boat around, so feel free! As for the order deadline, it's not a "deadline" as much as it is to say that is when we place manufacturing orders. We will always have an inventory, but a lot of times, the boats people are looking for are not what we have in our inventory, so we just have it made and it is here in four to six weeks!
Anyway, I think the boats will speak for themselves and people will be pretty happy with them!
Happy boating!

oh and thanks for your comment Nick
b_liner1 is offline   Reply With Quote

big water