Old 06-30-2010   #1
fort collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Big Water Raft Co. ?

What is the story on these guys? I am looking into their 10.5 and would like to hear a few good stories about them before I throw down the moola.

Big Water Raft Co: Quality Hypalon

smoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010   #2
Salt Lake City, Utah
I've seen their boats up close and I would not hesitate to buy one. Keep in mind what you may have to deal with for the savings. Some minor glue clean up may be required. I'm looking to get a 9.5 and a 16 in the future. I've met the owners who are boaters. Great guys.

Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010   #3
Conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
lNew Raft Company

here is some more info
Flohotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010   #4
Conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
So does anybody own one?
Flohotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010   #5
Eastern Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
I'd love to give these guys a big thumbs up but they backed out on the demo boat they promised me back in late May. We were really excited to try out the 9.5 on our vacation, but got no call back for weeks and when they did call back they said "sorry, but we're behind on production and had to loan out the demo raft to satisfy unhappy customers." They also backed out on the demo duckie, telling me it wasn't ready yet.

My impression is that these guys don't have their shit together yet. I would wait a while before buying from a new company importing from China. They claim to have great boats, but when they don't come through it's hard to evaluate. Maybe a slightly used Hyside or NRS would be the way to go. Quality products with a track record.

I'll post more details if they ever send a boat out for me and my friends to try. Several of us are serious buyers and love small rafts. You would think they want the recommendation...
Randaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

big water, rafting