Old 10-31-2010   #1
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2001
Anyone Have a Raft Trailer from David in Aurora?

I am looking at getting a raft trailer (8.5' by 12') from a guy named David in Aurora. He advertises all over craigslist and several other online classified sections, and it looks like he has sold quite a few of these trailers. I would assume someone on here has bought one, and I just wanted to see what everyone's opinion is. He calls them Xtreme Raft Trailers, and they have a roller on back with a hand winch on front.

BullSCit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #2
Park City, Utah
Just checking to see if anyone knows about these trailers. He has one on Craigslist right now: Raft Trailer

and I am really wanting to call and get one. Is it this a good price for the trailer?

Old 02-18-2011   #3
Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Nice looking trailer. depending on what you're towing you may not need it quite that wide. This is only a little obnoxious for tight maneuvering and parking spots. The extra width will help protect the boat a bit too though.

Seems odd that no one here has any knowledge if he is actually making and selling them.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011   #4
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
Shameless plug- I have a very similar trailer without the rollbar & winch for sale on the swap here for half the cost. You could add a rollbar & winch easily enough. Just sayin'
"There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Look here! If you've really nothing else on hand this morning, supposing we drop down the river together, and have a long day of it?" -Wind in the Willows
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011   #5
Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
my buddy got one and it was super solid for his 16' cat
Swobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011   #6
Park City, Utah
I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Everything is pretty nice, except it came with untreated 2x6s, so I am going to pull those off and put some treated plywood instead, as the 2x6s seem like half the weight of the trailer. The width will definitely take some getting used to, as I can't be a lazy driver, and really need to be centered in my lane.
Old 03-22-2011   #7
vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1996
If you use pressure treated be careful it might lead to extra corrosion if the paint wears down. I'd at least research it. Maybe cedar deck board would be better, lighter, but more expensive.
slamkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011   #8
More expensive but you'll never have to worry about it again, use a composite like trex. Lighter too. I can't imagine those 2x6's having a huge impact on your tow weight though.

Osprey is online now   Reply With Quote