Any reviews on the AAA Deck to Table kit? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-12-2017   #1

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Any reviews on the AAA Deck to Table kit?

I'm thinking of getting the AAA Deck to Table kit- has anyone used it that can give a little review? Is the resulting table pretty stable/wobble-free? Quick and easy to set up compared to the roll-a-table?

https://www.aaainflatables.com/Deck_...k-decklegs.htm

spenceuiuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2017   #2

Fort Fun, Colorado
Paddling Since: 94
I have a kit - in hindsight I would have looked around and come up with a different way to add legs to my hatch cover. They are expensive and you need an allen wrench to tighten the legs into the base. I tried to find thumb screws at Ace but the threading was different.

The resulting table is as stable as any other table I used. It takes about the same amount of set up time as a roll-a-table.
trevko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017   #3

Castle Rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I use this. Works fine. As noted, you need an allen wrench to set it up, but I have that in my toolkit anyway so not a big deal. If they legs were permanently attached and foldable, it would be easier to setup, but I like that they legs can be put/wedged anywhere in my front compartment on trips where I am space constrained.

Table is very stable and since you are using set screws to anchor legs and legs are angled, you can change their angle depending on ground you are setting up on.
denali1322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2017   #4

Truckee, California
Why not just get a regular river table with folding legs? I had AAA make me two of them - but don't see one on their site now. Maybe call AAA. Cascade has them as well. It is just a lot simpler if it fits your boat rig.

PS: Get a drying net from them as well if you need one - It stays on my table all the time.
TGGSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017   #5

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGSpin View Post
Why not just get a regular river table with folding legs? I had AAA make me two of them - but don't see one on their site now. Maybe call AAA. Cascade has them as well. It is just a lot simpler if it fits your boat rig.
For me at least, the $300-400 custom tables are cost prohibitive, so I'm trying rig it and wind up a little cheaper. The typical folding leg designs are also less desirable for stability in my case since my bay would limit the max leg width to about 15" and I want a 34" tall table for cooking.
spenceuiuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017   #6

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by spenceuiuc View Post
For me at least, the $300-400 custom tables are cost prohibitive, so I'm trying rig it and wind up a little cheaper. The typical folding leg designs are also less desirable for stability in my case since my bay would limit the max leg width to about 15" and I want a 34" tall table for cooking.
What length and width table top are you planning on?
Old 07-16-2017   #7

Truckee, California
Sorry - I meant to say buy a laminated wood top table. Those are about $100. The aluminum table is very expensive.
TGGSpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017   #8

Denver, Colorado
Do your best to replace the Allen set screws with thumb ones and you will be much happier. I think I was able to find the correct ones at Denver True Value.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
skipowpow is offline   Reply With Quote