Any difference in performance with the color of cooler? - Page 3 - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Gear Talk

Old 10-02-2015   #21

Pernes les Fontaines, Vaucluse
The cooler has to be green otherwise it does not work

Andrewensaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2015   #22

Vancouver, BC
Paddling Since: 1985
Many elite coolers companies(Yeti, Engel, Grizzly, Canyon, etc.) carry both white and tan coolers, I would imagine that they wouldn't compromise their ice retention capabilities with the tan color would they? Mattoak gave excellent, informative feedback, wildh2onriver stated that his tan colored Yeti "sucked", I hope he can elaborate on why. Some chose to have a myopic response, Stanford and Waldorf(Muppet characters) come to mind, I was even referred to as a troll......thanks. I guess I should've asked if anyone NOTICED any difference between the 2 colors(white and tan), but many commented on the colors of blue, black, green??????
Skitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015   #23

Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Paddling Since: 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitterbug View Post
CoBoater.....I'm sure you wouldn't respond to me like that in person, not a very respectful response. I've kayaked for 20 years.....
I'll bite - have you tried contacting the manufacturers of coolers that interest you to ask your question(s) about color, etc.?

I don't think anyone could respond to you in person. It's next to impossible to see you in person and it must be prearranged at least 1 week in advance to get you to pick up your phone. Anyways....
Old 10-02-2015   #24

Vancouver, BC
Look at the second page, and you'll have your answer.

Really Scott......you need to use a US website to take a shot??? Thus once again, a lesson on being respectful. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2015   #25

Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Quote:

Really Scott......you need to use a US website to take a shot??? Thus once again, a lesson on being respectful. Thanks.
Look at the Irony of what you said - that he wouldn't say what he did to your face? You took that as a sign of disrespect somehow (but how is he supposed to respect you, he has no idea who you are? and quite frankly your question could sound silly to some - I think it's just semantics but anyhoo, it's important to you to the extent that you felt like asking about it) And I responded that he would never see your face, you're hard to get ahold of, etc. (which is very true, you are hard to get ahold of) That is ironic don't you think?

And it's a friendly sentiment, - a bit of ribbing/jabbing at who you are. You're a busy guy, got lots on your plate, and hard to get get ahold of because you live a dynamic life balancing your family as the only breadwinner, personal responsibilities as a father/husband and living a life trying to get out on the river. An insecure person IMHO would take it as a shot. If you are secure with yourself, and just accept that right now those are your circumstances, you'd say: good one Scott - thanks for knowing me enough to give me a hard time and point that out. I think you've been driving with ear plugs in your ears too much lately!

Just remember - sometimes, water is thicker than blood.
Old 10-02-2015   #26

Vancouver, BC
If you DON'T know or have any experience with the question asked, why would you respond? The point was if I asked CoBoater face to face, I don't think he'd respond the same way. I easy to make sarcastic comments on the Internet when there's no accountability.

There's a lot of things I would like to say to you, this is not the place to do it, and only reinforces why I suggested we go our separate way. I still wish you well, and hope you can move ahead.

If you have any experiences on coolers, then respond.
Old 10-02-2015   #27

Vancouver, BC
Thanks Mattoak for your informative response!

I'm not willing to risk going with the tan color, lack of info, I'll just stick with good old white.
Old 10-03-2015   #28

Coquitlam, BC, Canada
Quote:
If you DON'T know or have any experience with the question asked, why would you respond? The point was if I asked CoBoater face to face, I don't think he'd respond the same way. I easy to make sarcastic comments on the Internet when there's no accountability.

Coming on here all high and mighty like you own the place is only going to get you the answers you deserve, and not require. It's ironic that you speak of accountability of others when don't hold yourself to that same level of accountability.

As for your other comments, check your email. Oh, and I will say it to your face. It's just slightly easier for me than CoBoater - not as long of a drive.
Old 10-03-2015   #29
swimming

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
This sure is a. Strange Brew
Riverbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015   #30

Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverbound View Post
This sure is a. Strange Brew
I agree! I asked a question about cooler color. I just asked to be respectful with answers that's all.

Speycatr........sorry no longer engaging.