Aire custom boats - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-06-2016   #1
swimming

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1978
Aire custom boats

Is Aire making custom boats ? This post came through my facebook feed. It says urethane 13x22 , I am only seeing 13x21 on Aires web and PVC with no black option. I was thinking possibly a dealer model or something. I am not a catarafter but was wondering about the rafts. I am thinking hard on the new 13DD I read about here.

MillerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2016   #2

billings, Montana
Aire does some custom boats, they built the 136DD for my raft company but we had to order a fairly large number. I know a little about this cat, basically one inch bigger diameter, i think aire can do that easy if ordered. The urethrane material aire has always offered at an additional cost. 3 of the 136DD we got have urethane material. Do yourself a favor, get the 136 dd.
ptex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016   #3

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
That's pretty cool that a boat you helped design will be in their product line up next year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016   #4
Top Quality River Gear

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
Cascade River Gear formally Cascade Outfitters

Hello, we can get you the AIRE 13 x 22 tubes, because the pattern is already built there is no custom charge on them so the retail is $2499.00. AIRE no longer offers the Urethane coating on their tubes though. If you want to go with Urethane than you may want to consider a Maravia which we also sell. We do not have a 13 x 22 but will build you one and the retail on that would be $3045.00 and encapsulated in urethane which is what makes them such bomber boats, I personally run a 14 x 22 Maravia. Also, if you purchase a boat of any kind through us you will receive 10% off all purchases 90 days from your boat purchase which helps when you are outfitting a new boat! So that is the skinny. Let me know if I can help with anything else. Keep it Right Side Up, Renee 800.223.7238
Cascade River Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016   #5

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Is there a downside to going with a destroyer 13x22 over a 13x21?
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016   #6
swimming

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade Outfitters View Post
Hello, we can get you the AIRE 13 x 22 tubes, because the pattern is already built there is no custom charge on them so the retail is $2499.00. AIRE no longer offers the Urethane coating on their tubes though. If you want to go with Urethane than you may want to consider a Maravia which we also sell. We do not have a 13 x 22 but will build you one and the retail on that would be $3045.00 and encapsulated in urethane which is what makes them such bomber boats, I personally run a 14 x 22 Maravia. Also, if you purchase a boat of any kind through us you will receive 10% off all purchases 90 days from your boat purchase which helps when you are outfitting a new boat! So that is the skinny. Let me know if I can help with anything else. Keep it Right Side Up, Renee 800.223.7238
Thanks but if you read the post I was curious about the urethane material and custom color to apply towards a raft package.
To my knowledge Aire never used urethane coating on their boats, the material is polyurethane as well as the bladder this is what they told me. So I am guessing it comes out lighter than the urethane material you apply over Pvc. I didn't know you guys were a sponsor here now, neat.
MillerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016   #7

billings, Montana
Paddling Since: Tues
Send a message via Yahoo to mttodd
Aire stills makes urethane boats. Up charges apply.
mttodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016   #8
Top Quality River Gear

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
AIRE was applying a urethane coating for customer orders to their boats for awhile, we supplied the urethane to them, they did stop that process last year and when I gave them a ring today to find out if they still sell the urethane "material" boats they said they do not. So I did get my info directly from those fabulous folks and our neighbors.

I don't know who else manufacturers boats with the urethane material, sorry I can't help with that! Have a great evening. Kindly, Renee
Cascade River Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016   #9

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Custom inflatables makes urethane, hypalon, and pvc boats.
http://tseeker.com/polyurethane-urethane-boats/
k2andcannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016   #10

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
As an Airehead I've done some research on these topics.

Aire will make any custom boat to custom specs for a large "custom upcharge" or if you buy enough of the said "custom" boats. I don't know what the minimum quantity would be.

Last year I floated the lochsa with a guy in a 13x22 Wave Destroyer so I know the pattern exists. I would not speak for Aire but I believe they would build one for no extra charge during their slow season (which is NOW). I doubt there is anyone that would be able to tell the difference between the 22 and 23 inch tubes on a day float. You might notice the difference when loading it with gear.

If you want to pay for a urethane coating Aire will send it out but they don't coat anything themselves. They no longer offer a urethane MATERIAL (like Sotar) which is a shame.

The custom tubes in that facebook listing were James tubes that were only custom color as far as I know.
ob1coby is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aire