Old 04-21-2016   #21
Long Beach, California
Paddling Since: 1995
There have been 2 innovators in performance day cat frames, Dave and James. Everyone else is just copying what they see. Jesse Fisher didn't come up with anything, he poorly copied Canyons footbar design that I looked into a few years back. I remember reading a thread that you Boicatr made snide remarks about their footbar and now it is somewhat replicated on class v frames that you sell.

Spider you attempted to copy the Canyon forward footbar also and then you took the Madcatr design center frame bars. You are lost on the cat frame design and the front foot bar is going to get someone dead. A for effort ,but your talents might be better served making truck racks or something because I have seen pictures of your work, somehow you are getting away with pushing your gear here.

I like how everyone discounts the people who have been doing this professionally for years building the best stuff out there and then they rave about this new guy on the block putting stuff on the market where the quality isn't even close. Cascade river gear sells that class V for 1700 some dollars ,more than the guys that build 10 times the frame.

Look at all those frames next to each other in person because a couple should have their welder taken away.

There was a thread about this over on PNW rafters also. Why aren't you over there to talk frames Spider or Boicatr. I notice things get real quiet when the big dogs of frames are around. Then the peanut gallery clams up.

EVANW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #22
Rivertown, West Virginia
Paddling Since: 9:45
James, you also typed here that you copied your oar holder and borrowed ideas for your foot bar. When things are right, they are right. Your frames are great. Anyways let us just remain positive

I am an American Whitewater member. One of 6300. There are an estimated 100000 paddlers in the U S. If you are not a member you should join. AW is fighting for our rivers everyday and could use some help.
curtis catman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #23
East MT, WestMT, Both sides of the Yellowstone
Paddling Since: 09
Feelings super hurt, going to raft in river of tears with Casper Mike. After I'm done working on this jet boat.
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #24
boizee, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1984
Yawn. At least we know who we are dealing with.
boicatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016   #25
bend, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2002
Wow evanw angry much are you? I sense another disturbance within the force with this one lol
mtrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016   #26
URANUS, California
Hello everyone

My name is James and I have been diagnosed with multiple personality disorder and schizophrenia. I have MAJOR issues including but not limited to: massive ego problems, small genitals and paranoid delusions. Ever since I invented whitewater catboating everyone else has been copying me. To keep people from stealing future ideas I would like to disclose that I have also invented water, metal, inflatable boat fabric and a proprietary mixture of oxygen and nitrogen whose chemistry is strikingly similar to atmospheric air. I currently hold patents on all of these things and anyone attempting to replicate the act of catarafting is subject to full punishment of the legal system. Since I currently own and operate the entire whitewater boating industry I don't have to tell you how good my lawyers are. Furthermore, anyone attempting to breathe the earth's air that I have manufactured is likely to be subjected to much more of my useless unintelligent mentally ill literature.

I sincerely apologize for all of my behavior and I hope everyone will forgive me and buy my frames, even if they are overpriced, full of entrapment hazards and take three years to build.

Yours truly,
riverballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016   #27
I'm done with frames, mobile welding is where it's at. If you bust a trailer coming out of Corn or Selway hit me up. Built, not bought. Boundary will cost ya a 6er.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	11378  
Old 04-22-2016   #28
billings, Montana
Paddling Since: Tues
Send a message via Yahoo to mttodd
Surprised you don't have a badass truck rack on your rig. They probably have a thread about that on the extra-cool wanna be mountain buzz.
mttodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016   #29
boizee, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1984
Thanks for that post. Wow
boicatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016   #30
Todd, hope you don't break a leg in that home built jalapie rig you run next weekend. I booked a damn gig that Saturday. Cat hunters ball with Rough Cut at the helm.