Mountain Buzz banner

Given the option would you buy 8" Duramax blades?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 40.0%

8" Sawyer Duramax blades. If they built them would you come?

Tags
blade
2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SpeyCatr 
#1 ·
I like my Duramax blades for the twist lock but I miss the bite of my eight inch Carlisle blades. Sawyer might be interested in making them if there were a demand so my question is, "Is there a demand"?

#2 ·
I already feel like the Dynelite Wide blades they sell are too grabby sometimes, but I'd be interested in trying the wider ones. If I was ordering straight from them I would have gotten the Shoal Cut Squartops I think, but might have regretted it. I got mine from DRE during a sale, and am happy.

#3 ·
Oby - you needed to put a "no" in your poll answers. If that answer were there, I'd have taken part in the poll...

I'm with Electric-Mayhem on this. I've got wide blades on my Sawyers and often wish they weren't so grabby in the water.

-Andy

#4 ·
no.

I only use the duramax blades rarely (spares) but when I have I feel they have plenty of bite... I'm leaning towards narrower rather than wider. My logic: I ran shoal cuts for most of last year, then went back to my regular dynelites (7") and I really like them better. One of the issues is in deep water the shoal cuts got too grabby. They're great in shallow water - but made the oars feel a lot longer in bigger water. I need to get another set of dynelites and am actually thinking of going with the 6"

Also quick calculations show that 8" carlisles are only 6 square inches larger than 7" duramax... going 8" with duramax would increase that to 240 sq inches (24 sq inches bigger than the carlisles). Personally I think that would be too much unless you run really short oars.

So long story short I'm with Andy and E-M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.