Old 03-25-2016   #1
seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1983
Spots for June MFS open.

I'm looking for a few good people to join us for our MFS trip. People with a good attitude, work ethic and can add to the group dynamic. Plenty of experience with this river or comparable rivers would be great. Must have their own raft. We already have safety kayakers. Any group gear is a plus. I have a lot but we can all work together to get ourselves fully outfitted. Put in is June 8th and we'll be taking out on the 12th. The plan is to be rigged and ready by the evening of June 7 and to get on the water first thing on the 8th.
About me, I've been boating since the 80's. I was a guide on the Taos Box and Race Course in the late 90's and early 2k's. I've been on and TL'd many multi-day trips including 6 Grand, 12 Salt, several Westwater, a Selway, a Rogue, several others I can't remember right now and I've been down this river at 5.5 and 2.0. I'm guessing it's going to be big water but you never know in March what's happening in June. Last time we went in mid June we got snowed/hailed on and it was big. I think that scared a few of my less stout river buddies, thus the openings for this trip. I love a cold beer or sipping fine bourbon in camp. I used to wake and bake but no longer partake. Just doesn't work for me anymore. I have no problem with people enjoying their time as they see fit as long as they can keep it safe and responsible and respectful. Both on the river and in camp. Loud all night partying is not the crowd we are looking for. I love good food! I believe in leave no trace. Hopefully this can lead future trips. It would be great to have more awesome people in our boating circle! Ok, that is plenty to start with I think. If you're interested in joining us send me a PM. Thanks!!

mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016   #2
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
I would love to hear more about this trip and your crew. It sounds like we are on the same page from your description, please give me a call to discuss 970.946.9491

Red Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016   #3
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
Greetings. Not sure how to send a personal message as you requested, so I will simply ask for an "interview" so-to-speak. Have boat. Have gear. Have same criteria, although I still smoke. Never done MFS but apply every year. Trip of a lifetime I am told. Would love to talk and know more. It would be a haul for me, I live in SW Colorado. But have truck and trailer, will travel. Thanks for being so generous. I will offer you a San Juan trip here in about a month. Launch the 28th of April. No MFS type water, but beautiful trip nonetheless. Already have 1 guest coming from this site. 2 more spots left.

Durfee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016   #4
seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 1983
Still have a couple of spots. Already have some folks from MB signed on. Love to find a couple more!
mowgli is offline   Reply With Quote