Mountain Buzz banner

Spot on a Gates of Lodore Trip Late July/Early August?

Tags
august
4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Plecoptera 
#1 ·
I'm looking for anyone that might have a spot open on a permit for a trip on the Gates of Lodore section of the Green. I've heard it's a good one!
I'm traveling from Boise to Aspen for an event from July 30-August 3 and would like to join a trip that would be before or after that. Shoot me an email at heishman82@gmail.com
Thanks!
Curtis

#6 ·
I will do my best, cause i'm real interested...it was your letter asking me if i had full kitchenb, fire blamnkey, could shuttle people, etc. etc. that gave me pause.

Lasore is fabulous...it is not something for Ik's unless they can self rescue, as the rapids, though not super tricky, are very long, and lodore gets very lo and rocky. There are some laces a raft simly cannot row to 'rescue a flipped IK.
These were some of my cncerns, as when i do rivates i am not looking to provide all that a commercial tri trovides, with all the logistical stuff etc...there is a reason for commercial comanies.

There are shuttle comanies that will shuttle vehicle(s) to take out for you.
With a 13 foot boat (we used 5 18's, commercially, at low...6oo cfs low water levels! That was one guide and 5 assengers er boat.
With a 13', raids, low water might be less headache (although it is not narrow lines, so much as shllowness, and 13's yt gonna want minimal assengers, etc. cause they do not float as high in water.

Sounds like you got enuf boats (6, and 4 ik's)...it is not hard to throw Ik on back of boat through raid, carry extra erson, but you do not want 5 loads at this water level (unless they are releasing way more than tyical for this time of year.
I am your age, will be 5 in august.....have exerience and credentials u the yin yang...csrrying groover isd not concern...I could absolutely row yr maravia...would like to know some details,...you have oen oar locks on yt frame? I can get s dreag together...do not have major ut together, and ythere is a list of required equiment. whats up with menu, cams, shuttles, are you guys renting a sat phone...God i know all the interp stuff, canoot rovide pfds fort you, I am not a river company....Have my own, extra for boat, throwable type iv which is opnly required for 16's or longer. at 5000 cfs piece of cake....at 1000 or even 2000, the few rapids in lodore are not read and run. Every guide finds out the first time they miss THE cut halfeay through hells half mile, they will not find another line...and I ran the arkansas, suer low water levels, for 9 years prior to dinosaur.

Surely you know a rivte is a shared work thing....lodore really is 'user friendly' most of the time..sounds like you got bailed on by alot of eole...I just need to ask some questions, because once I ut myself on a trip...paid or private, I am all about minimsing risk, making things easy, etc...This is why we need to talk! call me4, unless you wanna put my name on permit, before yu tslk with me....I simly cannot provide the letters worth of stuff you asked for...these are vacstions for everyone...there is nothing id rather be doing than rowing the river , any river, esecially lodore....shuttling? I don't have a clue whats thats about! So natuarally my concerns were raised..with the crazy weather weve had this year, im all about eole not getting hyothermia....theres just stuff i need to know about the whole trip. I'd love to go! call me...33 642-0823

#9 ·
To your question(s) Jamie D...
1) yes (not relevant}
2) YES (keyboard complete mess)
3) Yes, I care very much, or I wouldn't have made last ditch attempt to address multiple, frantic, messages after repeatedly asking for realtime conversation.
Way too much confusion in emails she sent to me, to address online; irregardless of whether or not I was dictating to a dyslexic monkey...

Hope their trip was fabulous. Such a lovely, lovely place. I'm sure their trip went fine...Lodore such a lovely place. Planning on residing in Jones hole creek as a merganser, in next life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.