Old 06-11-2015   #1
Boise, Idaho
Spot on a Gates of Lodore Trip Late July/Early August?

I'm looking for anyone that might have a spot open on a permit for a trip on the Gates of Lodore section of the Green. I've heard it's a good one!
I'm traveling from Boise to Aspen for an event from July 30-August 3 and would like to join a trip that would be before or after that. Shoot me an email at

CurtisBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015   #2
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
LoDore trip July 20th

I have a permit July 20th, but I am looking for experienced boaters that have done it before and a have a raft that can carry required gear and extra passengers. Are you a rafter or a kayaker? See my post. Jackie

Jackie IK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #3
Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1995
Sent you a PM
paddler75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015   #4
Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Ladore trip

replied via PM. I still have space. We would love for you to join us.
Jackie IK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015   #5
Nederland, Co. nearest town., Either grace or kerfuffled
Paddling Since: 1985
lodore trip

Dear Jackie,

I know lodore like back of my hand. Would love to row a boat on your trip if you still got room. Guided there for many years. Please text me or call me directly at 3o3 642-0823, or email me at kchethik2gmail .com.

Thanks much, karen
Jungle Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015   #6
I will do my best, cause i'm real was your letter asking me if i had full kitchenb, fire blamnkey, could shuttle people, etc. etc. that gave me pause.

Lasore is is not something for Ik's unless they can self rescue, as the rapids, though not super tricky, are very long, and lodore gets very lo and rocky. There are some laces a raft simly cannot row to 'rescue a flipped IK.
These were some of my cncerns, as when i do rivates i am not looking to provide all that a commercial tri trovides, with all the logistical stuff etc...there is a reason for commercial comanies.

There are shuttle comanies that will shuttle vehicle(s) to take out for you.
With a 13 foot boat (we used 5 18's, commercially, at low...6oo cfs low water levels! That was one guide and 5 assengers er boat.
With a 13', raids, low water might be less headache (although it is not narrow lines, so much as shllowness, and 13's yt gonna want minimal assengers, etc. cause they do not float as high in water.

Sounds like you got enuf boats (6, and 4 ik's) is not hard to throw Ik on back of boat through raid, carry extra erson, but you do not want 5 loads at this water level (unless they are releasing way more than tyical for this time of year.
I am your age, will be 5 in august.....have exerience and credentials u the yin yang...csrrying groover isd not concern...I could absolutely row yr maravia...would like to know some details, have oen oar locks on yt frame? I can get s dreag not have major ut together, and ythere is a list of required equiment. whats up with menu, cams, shuttles, are you guys renting a sat phone...God i know all the interp stuff, canoot rovide pfds fort you, I am not a river company....Have my own, extra for boat, throwable type iv which is opnly required for 16's or longer. at 5000 cfs piece of 1000 or even 2000, the few rapids in lodore are not read and run. Every guide finds out the first time they miss THE cut halfeay through hells half mile, they will not find another line...and I ran the arkansas, suer low water levels, for 9 years prior to dinosaur.

Surely you know a rivte is a shared work thing....lodore really is 'user friendly' most of the time..sounds like you got bailed on by alot of eole...I just need to ask some questions, because once I ut myself on a trip...paid or private, I am all about minimsing risk, making things easy, etc...This is why we need to talk! call me4, unless you wanna put my name on permit, before yu tslk with me....I simly cannot provide the letters worth of stuff you asked for...these are vacstions for everyone...there is nothing id rather be doing than rowing the river , any river, esecially lodore....shuttling? I don't have a clue whats thats about! So natuarally my concerns were raised..with the crazy weather weve had this year, im all about eole not getting hyothermia....theres just stuff i need to know about the whole trip. I'd love to go! call me...33 642-0823
Old 07-13-2015   #7
Are you on drugs, is your keyboard broken, do you care? I kinda sorta know what you are saying but that post is painful.
Jamie D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015   #8
Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015   #9
To your question(s) Jamie D...
1) yes (not relevant}
2) YES (keyboard complete mess)
3) Yes, I care very much, or I wouldn't have made last ditch attempt to address multiple, frantic, messages after repeatedly asking for realtime conversation.
Way too much confusion in emails she sent to me, to address online; irregardless of whether or not I was dictating to a dyslexic monkey...

Hope their trip was fabulous. Such a lovely, lovely place. I'm sure their trip went fine...Lodore such a lovely place. Planning on residing in Jones hole creek as a merganser, in next life.
Old 07-23-2015   #10
Castle Rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Jj, yer pst mad sins me. U can g o mi nxt trip, assmein you git permitt. Let u crry groover 2.

Plecoptera is offline   Reply With Quote