Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Trip Planner

Old 03-24-2014   #21
Flagstaff, Arizona
Paddling Since: 93
lots of quick type foods are sold in groceries and can be pretty darn good. One we like to do is Zatarain's Red Beans and rice with those Emeril type of cooked sausages. Boil water for rice n beans, throw in chuncks of sausage and good eating. MAc and cheeses with salami sticks or tuna. I think they are better then the backpacker style freeze dried foods and cheaper. Fantastic Foods make tons of good dehydrated things.
Lots of quick and light THAI type foods, just cruise around the grocery store, ditch all the extra packaging before you leave the house.

Quick Meals | Popular Recipes | Zatarain’s® | McCormick

Fantastic World Foods

topbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014   #22
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
I second jbpaddle25. Freezer bag cooking... It's the way to go! You can dehydrate all kinds of vegetarian meals with a cheap dehydrator (and bring foil packed chicken, tuna, or salmon), and if you have one with a temperature control you can dehydrate meals with meat in them (you have to dehydrate meat at 155 degrees for it to be safe). Here are some of my dehydrator meals: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing. Go ahead and make them and store them in a freezer until you are ready to go. It's best to use them within a year of dehydrating them.

lchastai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014   #23
no coolers lady
JT, California
Paddling Since: 1982
Thanks for telling people about my cookbooks! One can be ordered through NRS and the other is an e-book that is ordered through my blog nocoolers.com . The two cookbooks complement each other.

landerson is offline   Reply With Quote