Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Trip Planner

Old 10-15-2014   #21
Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2005
I charge it with a basic 12 volt trickle charger. The battery is a 12 volt sealed lead acid battery. Battery life depends on how loud you play it. It draws 1 amp at full volume, so at full volume with a 12 volt 12 aH battery it should theoretically play for 12 hours. At lower volume settings you will highly extend the battery life.

The only time we run it at full volume is going through a rapid, on flat water we keep it just loud enough to hear on our boat only, which is maybe 1/4-1/3 volume. We use it for 3 straight days on the boat and in camp (probably 18-19 hours of play) and I have yet to ever drain the battery completely. You could easily charge it with a 12 volt solar pad on longer trips or just bring a second battery. At moderate volumes I would guess you can get 22-24 hours of continuous play without needing a charge.

wabashabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014   #22
Golden, CO
Paddling Since: 1856
The ECOXBT solved my on river music dilema. Very sturdy and you can toss it anywhere. I used to bring my BOSE soundock for camp. Sounds better, but the battery is lucky to last 4 hrs and it is not waterproof at all.

I will probably be picking up the newer and better ECOXSTONE mentioned in earlier post. With both boxes I will be looking at 20 to 24 hrs of music on one charge. Schweeet.

FrankC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014   #23
Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: .3
Originally Posted by elkhaven View Post
sorry I don't have any advice but I do predict a series of rants from folks that don't like music on the river... at least that's what happened the last time this topic was discussed

There have been a few threads on charging devices while on the Grand, there may be some other options in those threads if carvedog's solution isn't for you...
I'm one of these. I'll start a new thread so as to not hijack your thread, but I do wish people would be more considerate when using these.
ob1coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014   #24
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
I too could go on and on...... one word: headphones.
Please take a look at my Photo Web Gallery.
I also have here some gear reviews (that I might update soon).
rivervibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014   #25
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
Originally Posted by ob1coby View Post
I'm one of these. I'll start a new thread so as to not hijack your thread, but I do wish people would be more considerate when using these.
my opinion on the subject varies by situation and I'm glad you're going to take that discussion to another thread. I'm impressed this one hasn't degenerated....yet. Thanks all for holding back it's nice to see folks getting along.

Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back. - Agustus McCrae
elkhaven is offline   Reply With Quote