Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Trip Planner

Old 10-10-2014   #11
Durango, Colorado
Just got one of these: https://ecoxgear.com/ecostone/

Sounds way better than their non-bluetooth speakers (got a demo of every model side-by-side at OR this year). Just get a small Pelican case and a bluetooth transmitter (if your device doesn't have BT. Transmitters are like $30) and you have a fully wireless, fully submersible setup. Loud enough, sounds amazing and is pretty compact.

storm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014   #12
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
These look legit:

Snow4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #13
Portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2005
If you are looking for a bit of a project. I built a waterproof boombox for my raft out of a 50 cal ammo can, two 4" waterproof speakers, 2 channel Pyle waterproof mp3 amp, a 12 volt 12 aH battery, and an mp3 player. Total cost was about $150-200 all ordered off of amazon. Took a couple hours to assemble it, but its bomb proof, will play for 3 straight days on the river without a charge (I've never had the battery die so don't know the total play time). It has an external volume control so you can adjust on the fly and its easily rechargeable. If you want more details I can send you pics and links to the parts I bought for it.
wabashabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014   #14
Edwards, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Boom Movement. They make a variety of waterproof speakers that work very well. That's what my group uses on River trips.
Colorado // Kayaking // Skiing // Film
Caleb125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014   #15
Portland, Oregon
heres a quick pic to the 50 cal ammo can boom box I built. I've actually hooked up my siriusxm radio as well as my mp3 player.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0140.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	9032  
Old 10-14-2014   #16
Colorado Plateau Metropolis, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
That is a seriously cool ammo can.

I would love a parts list.
portercassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014   #17
Portland, Oregon
I bought everything off amazon. The main guts is a Pyle 2 channel waterproof mp3 amp, a 12 v 12 ah battery, and 4" marine speakers. 4" speakers is the largest I think will fit on that size ammo can. The Pyle amp comes with a waterproof external volume control and I added a waterproof power switch so I rarely have to open the box. Everything got a silicone bead to seal it up, I have never seen any water on the inside. It mounts to my frame right next to the captains seat and takes waves head on without even blinking. Here are links to what I bought.

Old 10-14-2014   #18
Colorado Plateau Metropolis, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006

Thanks. You are the coolest.

Now I just have to budget my projects this winter.
portercassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014   #19
I'm right 50% of the time
Paddling Since: 1977

I have the ecoxgear ECOXBT. Happened to get a ambassador program deal from them, but it has been a great speaker. The newest version, the EcoStone solvd some of the issues I had with the ECOXBT. The new speaker sounds cleaner with a little more bass. The battery is longer lasting and has a usb charger. The port cover door actually stays shut. It is a little bigger and maintains its IP68 rating for dust and water (Mil Spec). I used the ecoxbt on Westwater this last weekend. It sounded great on the boat through the rapids.

brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014   #20
Boise, Idaho

Cool sound ammo can. How loud is it? How long does a battery charge last? How do you charge it? Thanks.

BlueTurf is offline   Reply With Quote