Originally Posted by gunnerman
Agree with grumper the weather is not looking good at all. A strong storm setting up in the 4 corners region, with heavy snow thunderstorms and strong winds on Sat and Sun. Just doesn't sound like a good time to me. Temps are suppose to be only in upper 50's to lower 60's with 15 to 20 mph winds. On all my Ik trips good weather is as important as decent flows. Just sayin!
With only 500cfs flow AND bad weather, then I don't recommend doing the lower part below MH. Just stick to the upper section between SI and MH where there's a good gradient and you should be OK. We did MH to CH a few years back at 700cfs in bad weather and wish we hadn't. Wasn't so bad at first because there was still some flow, but running the flatwater below Grand Gulch in strong headwinds wasn't much fun in a 14' cat. From now on, I'll stick to flows of 1000cfs or more and keep a closer eye on the weather forecast. However, if you're a diehard, then go for it....