Old 05-19-2016   #1
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Ruby-Horsethief 7/3

Help, maybe?
We've reserved campsites on Ruby-Horsethief for the 2nd and 3rd of July. We've got Mee 2 on Saturday night, but due to a very hectic morning on the first day we could reserve spots for Sunday night, we ended up with Mee Corner on Sunday night (7/3). Clearly, we would prefer not to schlep our stuff a half mile upriver, so I thought I'd see if anyone with other spots might be willing to swap out campsites. Here are the ideas I've come up with:

1. Whoever has Mee 2 on Sunday night could swap us for Mee Corner.
2. Whoever has Mee Corner on Saturday night could swap us for Mee 2 (assuming that doesn't screw something up for you).
3. Anyone with a spot down river from Mee 2 who is willing to stay further up river on Sunday night could swap our Mee Corner for their somewhere else.

JessaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016   #2
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Ruby Reservation System

Hope you can work it out.

The new system sucks for trying to put together anything but a single night on the river. Need to change it so that if you reserve one night then you can reserve the next even though it is not technically 60 days out. That is how they do it in the NPS systems. Of course, then the one night people get screwed and feel like they have to camp two nights to get the site they want.

I liked the old system better and would have rather used my taxpayer funds to to pay the half day for the employee to answer the phones versus allowing a private company to gouge its customers for the exclusive right to charge the owners of the land (US taxpayers) for the right to reserve its use. I have no problem paying for use but the 6.00 reservation fee is crazy (its 10 bucks for CO state parks which is even worse).

Sorry for the rant,
ArgoCat is offline   Reply With Quote