6/23/16 Chama Flow update from Mary Carlson at BLM
Good morning all.
As most of you probably know by now, our release from El Vado has gone way down. I wanted to update you on plans as the holiday weekend approaches.
We will go up to 500 cfs tomorrow (Friday) for this weekend. We will reduce the release back down to 100 cfs on Sunday around noon unless the Middle Rio Grande Irrigation District calls for more of its water. (Forecast calling for rain, so not likely.) Anyway, we will go back up to 500 on Friday July 1. The release will remain there until around noon on Monday July 4. It will go back down, but the level will again depend on the need in the Middle Rio Grande.
Have a great couple of weekends and please feel free to share these e-mails with anyone who is interested. I recently had a problem with my contact list and have likely lost some recent contacts. So, please share and encourage anyone wishing to be added to e-mail me.
See Mary's contact info above and thank her for keeping us all aware of Rio Chama flow projections.