Old 03-18-2010   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Rafting Next Weekend (3-25 3-27)

Hey, anyone interested in getting in a nice early trip? I was thinking about Pumphouse, but it doesn't appear to be running yet. (Anyone been on it already?) Looks like Ruby/Horsethief might be the way to go. Would love to pair up and carpool out there since it is a bit of a haul. (Especially if you're gassing up a Dodge Ram alone) Any other suggestions that are running this early closer to Denver would certainly be entertained as well. Have fun everyone...

saintjobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010   #2
Evergreen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I would be down! all I can think about is Ruby or maybe Escalante on the Gunnison.
Let me Know getting snowed out of work on Friday.

Pool and a pond... Pond be good for you.
Stiff N' Wett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010   #3
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Grizzley Creek to Newcastle should be boatable, especially below Two Rivers Park. With the flows I'd expect next weekend it could probably be done as an overnight (or multiday). If you don't want to go to Loma, there are about 40 miles of additional floating as far as the dam at Debeque. I've never floated it myself but the guide says there are a number of access points. If the weather's good it could be a great time on the water.

See this for info and more ideas:
Jerry's Local River Guide
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Thanks for the info Andy H. That website is great. I'll get in touch with you other guys who sent me a private message this week, I need to focus on snowboarding this weekend. God I love Colorado!
saintjobe is offline   Reply With Quote