Mountain Buzz banner

Raft Poudre Wed 6/9 after work or weekend

Tags
rafting
3K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  outdoordad42 
#1 ·
Any rafters want to run the Poudre after work tomorrow (Wed)? We need to be going in groups at this water level so let's run this together. Also consider North Platte/Northgate and the Poudre again this weekend

#7 ·
I checked it out today. Pineview looked really sweet! I looked at the steel bridge near the road above Cardiac, and it looked questionable for a raft. Check it out first for sure along with Killer and the cable traverse above Grey Rock bridge to make sure you can go under those. I ran it on Sunday at 4.8 feet in a small cat and those were fine, but look really low now. I'm thinking Rustics or upper and lower Mish.

#8 ·
I checked it out today. Pineview looked really sweet! I looked at the steel bridge near the road above Cardiac, and it looked questionable for a raft. Check it out first for sure along with Killer and the cable traverse above Grey Rock bridge to make sure you can go under those. I ran it on Sunday at 4.8 feet in a small cat and those were fine, but look really low now. I'm thinking Rustics or upper and lower Mish.

Dan, did you run Stevens to BTO? and how small of a cat? Will you be up there Wed? we will scout all bridges. Thanks

BruceB, I will call you in the morning.

Has anyone rafted PineView in the last 48 hours?

Richard 303-589-3021

#9 ·
Yeah, ran from Stevens to BTOon Sun at 4.8-ish. It was a great level for a 13' cat, hit most of the goods. Looking at it today, seemed a little more flushed and had alot more waves. Looking forward to getting on Stevens down soon. I think I'm going to check out the bridges we're talking about tomorrow, but may go higher to the Rustics. Grandpa's Gorge and White Mile are going to be the shit...

Where are you guys meeting? I'll check this post tomorrow and if I'm up for a second run, I may boat with you guys. I would love to run Mish and Pineview at 5.5!

Call me and maybe we can boat. It would be sweet to run with some other cats.

Dan
(970)989-8776

#12 ·
At five feet, there's no way an oar rig could fit under the red bridge. And the barbed wire on the one right after that is scary too. Depending on when I'm done this afternoon I'm down. Also, unless you have some serious weight forward in your oar rig that second hole at pinevu will dumptruck. I'll check the post and be in touch RM.

E

#13 ·
At five feet, there's no way an oar rig could fit under the red bridge. And the barbed wire on the one right after that is scary too. Depending on when I'm done this afternoon I'm down. Also, unless you have some serious weight forward in your oar rig that second hole at pinevu will dumptruck. I'll check the post and be in touch RM.

E
Is the red bridge in Poudre Park, just above Cardiac Corner?

#15 ·
Bruthas: I think I'm going to go see Hotel Charley tonight at New Belgium. Should be a good boating crowd and the beer will flow. Meet at my house to pre-drink at 6:00. We'll ride bikes from there. RM let's catch the after work trip another time. E

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.