Old 04-26-2016   #1
Basalt, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Projected runoff for San Miguel?

Looking to do a several day trip on San Miguel and would like to hit it as close to peak as I can. Any info would be appreciated

zfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016   #2
Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
That could be kinda tricky to predict this year given this really cold spring with no real warm-up in sight. The Miquel has a pretty short window for good flows as it is, and also it really depends if your talking the upper Miquel (Above Norwood Canyon), or lower Miquel (below Norwood Canyon). This river spikes really hard around the second week of May and usually is done with good flows by the 4th of July. I would check the guages listed on the USGS Watersite for all San Miquel sections. I would say most peak is usually around the first of June, but very short window. We have a good group of IK's out of Montrose that runs it alot because of close proximity and the great variety of runs in the top 30 miles. Give me a jingle for more chat; Gunther at 970-497-6512
gunnerman is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Projected Flows - Arkansas River bvwp1 Whitewater Kayaking 22 06-13-2015 01:06 AM
San Juan River Projected Flows Colorado Ice Kayaking | Trip Planner 3 08-16-2011 07:58 AM
Arkansas River Native Flow Recovery Slower than Projected AHRA River Access & Safety Alerts! 0 08-19-2010 09:30 AM
Lake Powell 2010 projected releases pinetree Whitewater Kayaking 1 04-15-2010 09:08 AM
Check out the projected "spike" for the Salt Dave Frank Whitewater Kayaking 1 02-17-2005 12:10 PM

» Classified Ads
Patagonia Guidewater and...

posted by clemkins

Two patagonia drybags, one is the guidewater II 50L, the...

Aire Tributary

posted by bronzelife

Raft, trailer and all pictured accessories. 2 seats 1...

Aire Super Puma 13' with...

posted by hiplainsdrifter

The "Super-Ducky" is for sale. 1996 Super Puma. 13'...