Old 03-11-2016   #1
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
NW Arkansas rafting

What are some good floats in Arkansas, my wife and I are visiting some family in the area and I'm thinking of bringing my small cat. How's the buffalo? It looks remote and kinda far between access. Frog bayou looks promising, if there's water. Anyone with input on these and other runs in the area?....Okieboater are you there...

k2andcannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016   #2
north little rock, Arkansas
Buff is fantastic if it's running. Upper upper is known as Hailstone. Class III and very remote. Upper is I-II and the rest is I-I+. The entire river is stunning and well worth your time and effort. Outstanding gravel bar camping. Never done the Frog but it's very popular. Same with Richland Creek which is probably III+ by most standards; remote and gorgeous but kind of tough to catch. Mulberry is nice Class II+ with tons of play opportunities. Same for Big Piney, Illinois Bayou and too many others to name. Over in the SW corner of the state are the Little Missouri and Cossatot. The bad news is all the above are rain dependent so planning is kind of tough. PM if I can help in any way.
lncoop is offline   Reply With Quote

ark, arkansas, rafting

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off