Old 07-08-2015   #1
Durango, Colorado
MFS 8 Day Trip Planner

Hey Ladies,
What is that one thing you wish you had/ were so glad you had on an 8 day MFS trip? I have only been on 3-4 day trips so far and have the basics (sarong, personal hygiene stuff etc...) but wondering what that one thing I haven't thought of is that just makes a trip like this even more awesome!

Levep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015   #2
Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1976
Maybe I'm out of my element here but my wife seems to go through about two gallons of lotion on multiday trips.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Whetstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015   #3
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
From doing multiple 8 day trips with my wife - bring pads or tampons or whatever you use. They are dammed expensive at the B. Never fails, even when she thinks it's not time.

Ditto the lotion. Also something like bag balm, desitin or vaseline for foot cracking. And if you haven't been wearing sandals all the time - moleskin in case of chafing. And aloe.

have a ball.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015   #4
Walterville, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1977
Originally Posted by Levep View Post
glad you had on an 8 day MFS trip?
My wife says a bucket and shampoo so that she can dip water out of the hot springs to wash her hair, and a change of clothes to leave in the car so that she has clean clothes for the trip home.
Real adventure is only one bad decision away.
Wadeinthewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015   #5
Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
My friends wife is not much of a camper, but i think what gets her to go boating is the solar shower. That thing is awesome a few days into a trip.
Funny so far all the responses are from guys.
Think of me what you will, I got a little space to fill.
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015   #6
Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Guys that very much want to run the middle fork? Hmm. Not up for grabs, butt i do want to run the middle fork......
Think of me what you will, I got a little space to fill.
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015   #7
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Wet wipes, pee jar for the tent, zip-lock baggie for small trash in tent (wet wipes), nail clippers, extra batteries for headlamps, etc., and especially (as has been mentioned) lots of lotion.
xena13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015   #8
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
A small pee bucket for the tent is a must. Either a solar shower or a bucket for bathing. Because you are spending a large part of the day in wet paddle clothing, baby powder and some sort of anti-fungal cream can be life savers in case of skin irritation or yeast infection. I often bring a hammock along for lounging.
"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015   #9
Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 1990
Ditto to all of the above with this addition-

Small cooler stocked with dry ice and...wait for cubes for cocktails. I rig it on the bottom in the back- never sees the light of day until camp. BEST EVER for that first camp cocktail....

Also- fun sarong for camp and quick changes...something about a sarong just says 'vacation!!!'
lexey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015   #10
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
My wife (and everyone else I do multi-day trips with) love hot face cloths in the morning. If you can, keep them a secret, then on the first morning, dunk in hot water and hand to folks as they come down for coffee in the morning. Get a few dozen and you'll be the hero of the trip (at least until after coffee!). On longer trips, bring some laundry soap and use a little bleach from the kitchen box for layover day laundry. A throw bag works as a clothesline. When they're dry, roll them up and store in a big ziploc.

Awhile back I picked up a bunch at Costco that were really plush - no one complained about tripcosting them. Look for them when you're shopping for the trip. If you get colored ones, make sure they're color fast before you use them or it can be a little clownish.

- AH

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote