MF Salmon flow prediction - Page 2 - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-25-2016   #11

Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverwild View Post
I was on the river on a 6 day trip during that 2013 September spike. I remember it well. 6 days of non stop rain. Cramer blew out again and covered the road. I've never been so cold and wet for that long ever. We never even had a chance to dry anything out cause it just rained consistently for 6 days or more. I remember snow up in the hills above Camas Creek camp in the morning. But it did sure make the top end a breeze for a Sept trip.
Sufferfest wow! I just hope I never end up in weather like that with my wife and daughters.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Paul7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2016   #12
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Late September 2013: yeah we were on the river then too. We had laid over to dry out at Hospital so had to do Elk Bar out the last day. Hard rain all day. Tried to warm up my girls with hot soup lunch at Otter, which helped but still not awesome. And then after the nastiest derig in hard rain at the confluence, ( None of us had the energy to push down to Cache) it started raining harder. The road out was two inch deep mud soup punctuated with freshly falling rocks. My wife was driving and dodged about three million new rocks on the road but finally tagged a still rolling one just south of Stanley. Blow out tire changing at two am in the rain was the sweet, sweet icing on that slice of cake.

But all that said: There will be no water in the Middle Fork come late September. Please cancel now so I have more time to plan which rocks to grease to make it down.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016   #13

Belgrade, Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
Late September 2013: yeah we were on the river then too. We had laid over to dry out at Hospital so had to do Elk Bar out the last day. Hard rain all day. Tried to warm up my girls with hot soup lunch at Otter, which helped but still not awesome. And then after the nastiest derig in hard rain at the confluence, ( None of us had the energy to push down to Cache) it started raining harder. The road out was two inch deep mud soup punctuated with freshly falling rocks. My wife was driving and dodged about three million new rocks on the road but finally tagged a still rolling one just south of Stanley. Blow out tire changing at two am in the rain was the sweet, sweet icing on that slice of cake.

But all that said: There will be no water in the Middle Fork come late September. Please cancel now so I have more time to plan which rocks to grease to make it down.
I'd rather not cancel and would simply prefer you join me... I'll help grease the rocks, you point em out?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Old 08-02-2016   #14

Belgrade, Montana
Click image for larger version

Name:	June-Nov MF flows(8-2-16).jpg
Views:	87
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	12078

I was sitting munching down lunch and reading about our tragic political future, when I remembered this thread (mind obviously wandering). So I updated my graph to see how my wild guess projection was holding up. The dashed pink line was my original guess, the solid pink line is this year to date (8/2/16) and the brown line is last year. I'm pleased to say that things are looking better from my late September MF trip than they do for our country... back to your regularly scheduled mud slinging...