Old 06-05-2014   #11
Plunk your magic twanger!
New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Originally Posted by Barney Fife View Post
Gremlin, how were the landings at Dominguez campgrounds, and the others along the way that were not underwater?
All the sites at the mouth of the canyon were accessible and full on Friday. Further down the bench a small group with one or two rafts managed to get into a small eddy and camp. I think the big cottonwood camp further down was past the swiftest current and accessible. I don't recall any camps above that looked good but I could have missed them. I do remember seeing a couple posts that were out of the water but didn't see any good landings.

As far as the Whitewater takeout, the eddy can fit one boat and you could probably lash others to it while derigging but I felt I would be in the way with four rafts if another group needed to take out while we shuttled back up to Escalante. I don't think it will get much better until a new takeout is built.

Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bridge Obstruction on the lower Colorado above Dotsero jmrider19 River Access & Safety Alerts! 0 06-22-2011 11:48 AM
Animas River. Bakers Bridge to Trimble Bridge alexela Kayaking | Trip Planner 9 06-06-2011 02:58 PM
Lower Eagle; Trestle bridge height? smonty75 Whitewater Kayaking 8 05-30-2010 07:36 AM
UTAH River Access - UT HB-141 zboda River Access & Safety Alerts! 13 05-08-2010 01:44 PM
Iron Bridge and Tannery Lower Moose kayakNY Whitewater Kayaking 0 10-11-2008 09:03 PM

» Classified Ads
1998 14' Avon Adventurer

posted by JustFloatin

1998 14' two thwart Avon Adventurer. Some cosmetic wear in...

Gott - Rubbermaid coolers

posted by stony2275

I have 3 Gott Rubbermaid coolers for sale. 60 Quart in...

Carlisle Guide Paddles

posted by Johnny

I am selling four 60 inch Carlisle Guide Paddles (the...