Old 04-02-2015   #21
Thanks for the reply. It will be my first trip to Idaho to boat so I'm looking forward to either way. Just out of curiosity, where can I find the foot marker for the water levels at Corn Creek? We have the Poudre Rock Report in Colorado to give a gauge for that river, just curious if there is something on the world wide web that would divulge that information.

brokenpaddlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015   #22
at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Originally Posted by brokenpaddlejon View Post
I'm in a group going in early July. Of course it's guess work, but will it likely be below 2000 July5-10?
It is possible, yes. Lots of rain can do amazing things to an otherwise low river. I'd say it is very unlikely.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

I am a river, babe - I've got plenty of time, I don't know where I'm going, I'm just following the lines..... - "We are water" by Shaye
lhowemt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015   #23
pocatello, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
"where can I find the foot marker for the water levels at Corn Creek?"

Corn creek is the launch of "the Main", a couple miles below the confluence of the middle and main forks. It doesn't tell you much about the middle fork, which is what this thread has been focused on and what I think you were asking about. If you were asking about 2000 cfs on the main in July that is a different story entirely.

Corn Creek conversion:
8.0 = 32,189
7.0 = 26,060
6.0 = 20,613
5.0 = 15,846
4.0 = 12,216
3.0 = 10,019
2.0 = 7,822
1.0 = 5,625
0.0 = 3,428

If the question is where are the markers in a physical sense then they are painted on the launch ramp.
fiya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015   #24
My apologies. I was referring to the Main, not the Middle. Thanks for the conversion chart though. Someday I'm hoping to get on the Middle.
brokenpaddlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015   #25
pocatello, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
The main "never gets too low"
fiya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015   #26
Montrose, Colorado, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1988
I was hoping for a turn-a-round- doubtful it will happen at this point unless something epic happens. I've got a June 20th Selway launch and planned to boat the EFSF/SFS late June. On a normal year these dates would be ideal, but the snow pack is going fast. Guess it'll be kinda low unless we have some late season snow storms and/or big rain events...
dgoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015   #27
Salt Lake City, Utah
Paddling Since: 1955
Low Middle Fork

We have launched from Boundary as low as 1.7. We used small boats. Muni Me's and Puma's. Extremely technical water. We had a blast. But I have had some that have questioned my sanity. A commercial outfitter ran an empty boat dead head the same day. They were going to pick up passengers and gear at Indian Creek Air Strip. The guides were not happy campers. Indian Creek could be an option for your group. Fly in gear to pick up or fly your entire trip in. If you run from the top. I asked the commercial guides were they had the most issues with very low water. They mentioned that the Chutes gave them the most grief.
cahatch52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015   #28
U not daho, Idaho
Paddling Since: noon
here's a video at 1.84 ft from late july 2013. I'm not sure what the lowest limit is, but this level is doable with someone who can read water...
Boats = 156R & 15' maravia. I got stuck in first bend for a second. I'm sure there were a few bumps and grinds, but overall a great scenic float and good fishing time.
Any day on the MF bets the hell out of just about anything else.
dryfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015   #29
Sandy, Utah
Paddling Since: 1997
Originally Posted by duct tape View Post
Sure enough Laura, I get a Sept 6 post lottery permit and it's looking like a non-starter. Glad I have some other trip options closer to home this year. Bummer.
We have a Sept. 5th. Guess I better make a back up plan?

"We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love....and then we return home."
Australian Aboriginal Proverb
cataraftgirl is offline   Reply With Quote