Hoping to do a day trip on Sunday Sept. 18th between Aspen and Denver... - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Trip Planner

Old 09-15-2016   #1

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Hoping to do a day trip on Sunday Sept. 18th between Aspen and Denver...

Hey,

So I'm working in Snowmass for this week and I'm wanting to get out rafting on the way home. I live in Denver and was thinking Glenwood Canyon, Upper C, Arkansas or the Roaring Fork if its runnable (American WW says it is, but not sure whether thats for kayaks or rafts). I'd even be interested in a Westwater day trip. I don't have any of my camping gear, otherwise I'd be down for an overnight.

I bought a 12' Hyside raft on my way up here (to add to my quiver...I'm a solid Class IV rafter) so that is what I'll be using.

Post up here or send me a PM if you are planning a trip or want to get out.

Cheers,

Josh

Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2016   #2

Minturn, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
You could do shoshone laps, or run gore canyon....

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Sherpa9543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016   #3

Lakewood, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa9543 View Post
You could do shoshone laps, or run gore canyon....

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Yep...would.prefer to not go by myself though. I think an oar rig down gore might be a bit beyond what I want to do as well. Shoshone down to Glenwood or laps sounds fun though.
Old 09-15-2016   #4

C. Springs, Colorado
There will be a group of us at Radium doing laps. We'll be running from pumphouse down and your welcome to follow......or lead.
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016   #5

Lakewood, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverdan View Post
There will be a group of us at Radium doing laps. We'll be running from pumphouse down and your welcome to follow......or lead.
That sounds about right... any details about when you guys are meeting up and such? I can shoot you a PM with my details. Still might hit the Ark instead or might try and get on a Westwater trip if I can. I'll admit that I'll probably want to borrow a better pump since my electric blower ran out of batteries and I forgot to bring the charger and I only have a tiny top off pump with me.