Old 02-05-2016   #1
Star, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1997
HELP!!! Need info on MFS class of '97

Between the dates of 26-28 Sept, 1997 I canoed the Middle Fork of Salmon with my dad in a Coleman ram x-15 canoe. Just the two of us, low water, no support boats, 3 days of bliss!!! Trouble is, all we have to remember this by is the canoe that we wrapped around the rock in the middle of waterfall rapid!!! There was a kayaker who caught us about 8 miles from the confluence with the Main. We were fixing the hull with a bit of duct tape. That picture is priceless, not even sure if it still exists!!! But, if it does, could someone spread the word if you know anyone who may have taken that picture. It would be so appreciated. Dads 70 now and I'm pretty sure he won't be doing another canoe trip down the MFS!!! Thank you everyone! I've got red hair, dad had blackish grey. Canoe was green. I know it is a small chance of this working, but I have to try!!!!!

tacdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016   #2
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
no idea, sorry - but good luck! Sounds like a great memory!!!

Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back. - Agustus McCrae
elkhaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016   #3
Post Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 2000
Don't know about the picture but considering telling the story together with your dad on video, someday that would be priceless to you and younger ones.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016   #4
North Creek, New York
Paddling Since: 1997
idahowhitewater Yahoo group

Try posting on the idahowhitewater Yahoo group if you haven't already. Kind of slow there these days, but has been very active in the past.

We met a couple hikers on our Nov 2015 GC trip - they video'd us going through Hermit and I'd love to have a copy. We had no kayakers this time, so no video except on-board GoPro's.

Good luck!
natepelton is online now   Reply With Quote