Old 07-24-2014   #11
Paddling Since: 2002
buena vista? grif must be paddle guiding for noah's arc these days....

Oh! I don't take it lightly! I've always got to know
There's an old lion a roarin' n the river down below
colorado_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014   #12
BV, Colorado
Originally Posted by La_Llorona View Post
I haven't been boating nearly as much as I'd like to, as I don't know nearly enough boaters! I'm wanting to get connected into the Colorado boating community - I have a ducky and am comfortable with R2ing 14' or 16' boats. If you have an upcoming trip with a spot to fill, I'd love to join you! Day trips or multi-day. My schedule is pretty flexible right now. Thanks!
PM me maybe we can work something out.

peakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014   #13
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
La_Llorona - Welcome to MB. A word of warning, Grif's a bit of a legend around here, kind of a cross between a coyote, a chupacabra, and a PBR swilling river rat, sired from such an unholy menage a trois. There are some that swear they've been helped out by him in a time of need and that he floated off into into vicious headwinds without dipping a paddle in the water, there are some that think he's totally fictitious. And there are others, like the unfortunate kayaker who 'bout lost her life, who think he's the devil incarnate. You probably shouldn't dwell too much on getting on the river with him

And yes, according to witnesses, that is the craft he runs rivers on. He was apparently seen running the Big Drops on Cataract this year at high water, and the next day spotted running the meat on Pyrite on Gore too, leaving behind some accomplished paddlers trying to catch him.

One morning in camp you may go to get in your boat and find a tall-boy Schlitz tucked into your gear - that will be the sign he passed by in the night.

Good luck finding folks to get on the water with, shouldn't be too difficult.

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014   #14
Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
If your ever in the Salida area get in touch.
Skikbum66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014   #15
Castle Rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
I'm headed to Pumphouse next week from Denver, mid-weekish; 14' oared SB, but I was thinking of doing an overnight or two. I suggest any further communication be PM.

Plecoptera is offline   Reply With Quote