Old 09-12-2016   #1
San Bernardino, California
Paddling Since: 1988
GC with a twist

Hello fellow boaters,
Less than 24 hours until fourteen of us head to Lee's Ferry for a once in a lifetime trip through the mighty Grand Canyon.
I wanted to take a few minutes to thank each and every one of you who responded to my first post regarding our trip. The response was overwhelming. More than my wife and I would have ever expected.
We are very happy to say that our group will be seven couples strong, with each and every one of us willing to share, explore, and learn from one another. Nothing could please me more than what awaits us on our trip.
The waters have been tested, the river has rushed through us, and we are confident on the individuals that will make up this incredible journey.
Our Meet & Greet took place on Desolation Canyon during the second week of July. My original plan to obtain a Salt permit fell through, and as many of you mentioned, by the time we had a group member willing to offer up his Salt permit, the launch date would have been to late in the season to find much of a flow.
As many of you know, from our individual conversations, my wife and I are eternally thankful for all of your interest, and for those that we had the opportunity to meet, both here in California, and also in Utah, thank you for spending a few days, the week, with us. We wish we could have invited all of you on our trip through the Grand Canyon. Alas, we had to be selective.
I sign off now, knowing that many of you Buzzards will once again find this to be the opportunity for buffoonery. I respect your options, just please keep it in line.
We are fourteen strong. Confident in our decision to partake in our newest conquests. Let peace and love flourish with you all.
Dirty Rodger

dirtyrodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016   #2
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1974
Rodger is back... With 8 posts which all contain the word "twist" in the title. A marvel of consistency.

Just wanted to repost sammypsycho's post from the last GC with a twist thread since it was at the end and maybe didn't get enough notice.

Will condoms be considered group gear?

Classic MB HOF material!

Rodger, be safe. Enjoy the three layover days.

duct tape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016   #3
Ft Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Ahh to be a fly on the groover for that trip...
Noswetnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016   #4
Plunk your magic twanger!
New Castle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Grand Canyon with a Twist?!! I don't know THAT move!!

Have a great trip!
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote