GC outfitter food pack- coolers - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-19-2016   #1

Crested Butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 82
GC outfitter food pack- coolers

My group is looking into shipping some of our coolers to Ceiba for food pack instead of paying $3 a day to rent theirs.

What have you paid to ship your coolers to AZ?

CB Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2016   #2

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I'm literally looking into this right now. Using the UPS shipping calculator it said $55 for my Rubbermaid 178 cooler which is 40"x17"x15". I'm looking into other ways to do it. Idealy, I'd find someone who is traveling there and could drop it off in exchange for some beer and gas money.
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016   #3

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
I found out about this shipping company Ontrac when Backcountry.com shipped my last order through them. They specialize in the Southwestern part of the company and seem to be awesome. Cheap, usually 2 day shipping, and they were on time and provided detailed tracking. I think they even include Saturday delivery on most levels of their shipping.

Anyways, I put my info in on their shipping calculator and they spat out $45 for Ground shipping. I think to get that you might have to drop it off at one of their facilities though.

https://www.ontrac.com
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016   #4
Custom Whitewater Equipme

Central Point, Oregon
I am looking at shipping a new raft trailer to Idaho from Oregon for a customer who has limited time to make the trip out and back. You place an add and carriers will bid on it through the link below. I got bids of less than $600 for a 1000# unit that is 20ft from tip to tail. Im sure it would help if you could palletize a few coolers and send from a business that has a forklift. I know Cebia has a forklift on their end. If you do look into this option let us know what you find.

https://www.uship.com/
Whitewater Worthy Equip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016   #5

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1986
It sounds like shipping will cost about the same as renting. I'd rent and let their equipment take the abuse.
DoStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016   #6

Sacramento, California
Paddling Since: 1968
About $75 shipped via UPS from Sacramento. Have done both - shipped and rented. Similarly concluded that rental vs shipping is a draw. Biggest concern is fitting the rental in your frame - Ceiba does provide dimensions for all their coolers. Be aware that lifting their 250 qt cooler is hazardous to your back!!
john vrymoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016   #7

Colo Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
EM's number is about right. One year I used a UPS store for about $70, but they added on their service charge.

This year's trip we rented a couple of boats from Ceiba for people who lived far away and hired Ceiba for all the group food.

I could have brought my own group food for my share of the meals, buying it and packing my own cooler at home, or I could have shipped my cooler to them for them to pack.

I chose to rent a cooler from Ceiba, the same one that I own so I could be sure it would fit in my frame.

That's what I would do again, rent it. I don't see a big enough difference in cost to ship vs. rent. Make sure you have proper insurance when shipping!
David L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017   #8

NorCal, California
Paddling Since: 91
Have you thought about going with Canyon Reo, they include coolers as part of their food pack.
But the last time I shipped a cooler to Flag it was about 50 bucks and FedEx was the cheaper option.
Wavester is offline   Reply With Quote