Mountain Buzz banner

Dolores trip (the whole way)

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  aman 
#1 ·
So here is the sequence of the events: First, I don't get any permits. Then, I hear this Dolores river is running and next I think to myself, "when is that going to happen again?" Finally, I decide that I should float my raft all the way down it--so I don't feel like I'm missing anything if it doesn't run again soon.

Exactly one of my other friends thinks that this is a good idea. Why not take a ten day rafting trip? Anybody else interested? We are happy to Huck Finn it down the river, but it would be nice to to have someone else join if for no other reason than to do a cheaper shuttle.

We sort of plan on a dirtbag level of camping. Not really planning on a gourmet dining experience. It would be a self-contained situation. You take care of you.
Who knows we might even like each other, but no real expectations.

We plan on leaving the day after Memorial Day (hope to miss the weekend floatilla)

#3 ·
Sounds like a great plan but keep and eye on the McPhee release schedules as June flows may not occur. That sure would suck to drive all the way down there to have the water get ramped down mid trip. Go now if you can and take out before the Memorial Day weekend madness. Pack light as the flows are already scheduled to be ramping down to 800-1200 starting the 7th of may.

Feelings are just visitors. Let them come and go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.