Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Trip Planner

Old 06-18-2016   #1
Denver, Colorado
Colorado river from State Bridge to Catamount time estimates? Shuttle ?

Going to head up Monday with the family and run some wave trains.
Want to put in at State Bridge or Two Bridges and take out at Catamount.
Anyone up there recently give a time table on those sections.
Pumphouse was at 3280cfs this morning at 06:18, yesterday was 3456cfs, then 3724 cfs the day before.
Guessing it will drop another 2-300 by tomorrow.
Would love some beta on this section(s) to make a plan for Monday.
We could put in at Two Bridges and float to Catamount or add 4.7 more miles and put in at State Bridge, then float the 10.1 down to Catamount.

If anyone else will be in that area, I'd love to combine and work on a shuttle of some sort.
Feel free to pm me and we can chat if you'll be up there somewhere and can help with a shuttle, I could bring some refreshing beverages

Thanks for any and all help, be safe and have fun!

jonseim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016   #2
Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Last weekend I floated Two Bridges to Catamount in 2 1/2 hours. The next day we floated Catamount to Pinball in approx. 3 hours with a scout at Rodeo Rapid. Flows are down from last weekend, so add maybe an hour to each stetch to be on the safe side.

copperdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016   #3
Littleton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 95

Fish/floated it Sat at 3290...some big fun wave trains...slow fished half the day and just floated half the day with an hour for lunch, left SB at 8:30, arrived Catamount at 4PM, some upstream wind. A foot or so of vis on the edges, fishing was fair at best for us and a couple of guides we talked to.

Have fun.

Spade Hackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016   #4
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2016
Floated 2 Bridges to Catamount yesterday on a fishing trip. Fishing was OK. Took us about 5.5 hours. Stopped a few times to fish bigger holes. Kept moving for the most part.
troutbum001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016   #5
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Jack with Confluence Casting has just started running shuttle up there on that stretch of river. Give him a call: 303-378-2149 cell

Colorado River Rentals shuttles as far down as State Bridge.
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016   #6
Erie, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
So Jon what was your trip time like? And any good side hikes for kids in that section?

Headed that direction with shorties this weekend, beta appreciated!
limnatide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016   #7
Denver, Colorado
It was awesome, see the video I posted here. It took us about 4 hours from State Bridge to Catamount. My wife and 5 year old are learning the oars at the same time, wife got to row bigger wave trains than the 5 year old, but both are having a blast.
We stopped at goose poop quicksand island, named for the contents, for lunch and ate on the boat based on the contents.

Let me know how your trip is, what day are you heading up there, I may try and come up Saturday, be good to row lots of kids together!
jonseim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016   #8
Erie, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Yes I forgot to say I loved your video- your kiddo is ahead of ours on the oars (and maybe me!) We are thinking of heading up to Rancho del Rio tomorrow night and then floating whatever Saturday and Sunday- we'd love to run (and shuttle!) together.

limnatide is offline   Reply With Quote

colorado river