Mountain Buzz banner

Colorado Rafting in Early June

Tags
rafting
3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  GoodTimes 
#1 ·
I'm flying out in early June to go rafting. I've rafted the Gauley and the New before in WV. I'm planning on doing the Royal Gorge on Sat June 5. On Friday June 4, I'm looking for suggestions. Right now I'm considering Clear Creek or The Numbers.

I want the wildest ride I can find. I wanted Pine Creek, but I have heard it's not runnable in early June.

Which of these 2 would be the best? Any other suggestions?

#4 ·
Wildest commercially rafted section in the state is Gore canyon on the Colorado.....however, that time of year they might not be running it either due to flows...ya never know.

Both the Royal Gorge and #'s are pretty sweet.....Gorge will be better scenery but slightly less intense rapids and is quite a bit longer....the Numbers could (and thats a big "could" with our snowpack) be above commercially rafted flows......

I think Slaughterhouse is an awesome suggestion. If you can find your way to the SW corner of the state....the Animas absolutely can not be beat for scenery and intensity.....it should be HUGE then too....they actually have snow down there.

#7 ·
Wildest commercially rafted section in the state is Gore canyon on the Colorado..... If you can find your way to the SW corner of the state....the Animas absolutely can not be beat for scenery and intensity.....it should be HUGE then too....they actually have snow down there.
GoodTimes doesn't know what he's talking about- the Upper A is way wilder than Gore. ;) And it will be running...

#8 ·
I would look at doing Browns Canyon on the Ark. Real nice trip especially at high water. You could probably knock out a trip on the Numbers on the same day. Don't bother with Clear Creek. Just a glorified drainage ditch. The Animus is a good 5 or 6 hrs across the state from the Ark. Gore would probably be too high for outfitters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.