Anyone want to join a last minute Westwater overnight 9/22-9/23? - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting > Rafting | Trip Planner

Old 09-20-2016   #1

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Anyone want to join a last minute Westwater overnight 9/22-9/23?

I've been wanting to get down Westwater all summer but never made it due to work and going on other trips (I have almost 600 river miles booked this summer including a trip down the Grand).

I got a last minute trip down there launching Thursday September 22nd and was hoping a few more people could join me. My buddy Ken is probably a go, so we'll have at least two rafts, but the more the merrier. My plan was to put on late afternoon and camp on Thursday (I always like Hades camp but I'm not picky...definitely above the main rapids though) and do the rapids on Friday.

I think we a good for group gear, but if you had a fire pan or groover then we might have you bring it. The fireban is still on, but we are still obligated to bring a firepan. They are cool with charcoal for DO cooking and grilling, but no open fires.

If you want to join post up here or shoot me a PM on here and we can talk.

Electric-Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2016   #2

Minturn, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
I ran last weekend 17/18, and according to sheriff dispatch the ban had been lifted, and was told by staff at ramp to have a fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Sherpa9543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016   #3

Lakewood, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa9543 View Post
I ran last weekend 17/18, and according to sheriff dispatch the ban had been lifted, and was told by staff at ramp to have a fire.

Interesting...the lady who I booked the permit with told me it was still in effect. Either way, I'll be bringing at least the bare minimum firepan (not hard...12" across with 1.5" lip...no mention of legs or anything on the requirements page).

Kayakers welcome too by the way. Maybe I'll post in the Kayak trip forum too.
Old 09-20-2016   #4

Moab, Utah
incorrect information

On BLM managed lands and related waters (Westwater Canyon) the fire ban is still in effect until at least the end of September. Thank you for respecting the regulation and staying safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa9543 View Post

Old 09-21-2016   #5

Lakewood, Colorado
Welp...the one person who was 80% turned into a 0% percent so unless one of ya'll comes through I'll be either doing it Solo or not going. I'm not a big fan of solo trips, so unless one of ya'll comes through I'll be eating the 20 dollars and staying home. Let me know.

I'm not dead set on it being an overnight and we could make it a day trip instead if that helps.

Josh