Mountain Buzz banner

WINNER of "Capture the Rapture" WEEK TWO!!

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Cascade River Gear 
#1 ·
DRUM ROLL PLEASE……… We have the WINNER of WEEK 2 in our “Capture the Rapture” photo contest! It’s not getting any easier to judge, keep those entries coming in folks, there is a DREAMBOAT TO WIN and anything is possible!!! Without further delay… the WINNER is Chris S. from Fort Collins, CO with this fantastic entry. We really felt this spoke to the theme of our contest, the things we all do to get that sweet spot on our favorite rivers! Congratulations Chris, you have won a $100 Gift Certificate to spend on more beloved river gear. In Chris’s words;

“The Pit River in Northeastern California is fully plumbed. There are a number of dams, tunnels, and powerhouses that harness the river's flow. Releases only occur a few times a year, and when they do, kayakers flock to the river to catch the flow. Pit River Falls is the climax of the run, with the entire river boiling over the edge of a lava formation. There are two common routes that kayakers negotiate: a relatively easy slide route, and a 40 foot falls. Given the number of kayakers that run the falls, the drop is relatively forgiving, although there has been at least one helicopter rescue because of an injury. The falls make for a dramatic setting to catch the action.” We have goose bumps just reading that description and thinking about making that drop!! Nice work Chris :D

Water Kayak Kayaking Whitewater kayaking Boating

See less See more
#2 ·
Just for fun I thought I would share another entry photo, there are some really creative pics coming in.... keep them coming YOU have the chance to win a Maravia Dreamboat Package from Cascade River Gear :D Have a fantastic day river riders ~ Renee

This was sent in by Nick D from N.Y. and the story behind it "The picture is important to me because I made it for the rafting company I work for. It allows for customers to ask questions about different rivers on the pole and get them interested in new and different adventures. The signs are located at North Creek Rafting Company in North Creek, N.Y. I know it's not a river picture but it makes me dream about future trips every time I see it." We hope you come in to visit us when you make it out to do the Middle Fork of the Salmon Nick!!

Tree Adaptation Plant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.