Old 04-18-2016   #11
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Ask your boat manufacture what they recommend.
I know AIRE has said not to use it to much. I use it in the fall. I clean the boat (clean zippers and wash bladders with running water. Then clean with a rag and water, 303 liberally. let the boat completely dry out, suction / vacuum any water out of chambers, blow out PRV with air hose, shake on baby powder, roll tight as a drum.

In the spring, I like to apply some zoggs or sticky bumps "cold water" surf wax to the top of the chambers for the first few runs.

I think to much 303 would be bad. But it is good on tires, car interiors, rubber gaskets, trampoline pads and mats, and anything else that spends its time in the sun and is made of oil based rubber or plastic.

Claimer: Someone that makes a claim that they have been there and done that, can do anything you can do better than you. I hate "claimers"
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016   #12
18' Kodiak
None Ya Creek, The Last Best Place...
Paddling Since: 1996
Here's an NRS video that I am sure most of you have seen already. A lot of the 303 questions are answered. I'm not suggesting to watch the whole thing but listen very carefully to what is said from the time of 3:18 to 3:47 and 4:00 to 4:20.

evL_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016   #13
Belgrade, Montana
Paddling Since: 1991
I tried briefly finding the discussion and gave up, but Sotar also warns about using it too much. I believe they say not to use it more than once a year. Don't recall why exactly but I'd guess its due to the reasons already discussed.

I usually apply in the spring when I have the boat apart in the garage while I'm fixing stuff (read drinking beer and fantacising about being in the sun on warm water). Mine lives on a trailer and gets on the water pretty much year round so spring rainey, cloudy cold time is when I do most of my tinkering.
Yesterday's gone on down the river and you can't get it back. - Agustus McCrae
elkhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016   #14
San Diego, California
Paddling Since: 2008
Have you ever pulled out that $1000 Kokatat Dry Suit before a cold river trip to have the gaskets disintegrate when putting on. I have. Use 303 on all your gaskets every 3 Months. Use it on my NRS14'SB Expedition after every long trip. Boats been down the Grand 3 times, plus many other rivers, looks New.

iPad in Jaccuzi
Watusi_Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016   #15
Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I like the peppermint flavor myself.
" I wish I were a headlight, on a North bound train..."
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016   #16
glenwierd, Co.
Paddling Since: 05'
I'm a whiskey man myself.

I'd take that deal n crawfish, then drill that ole devil in the ass.

Panama Red is online now   Reply With Quote