WE HAVE OUR FIRST WINNER OF A $100 GC!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-11-2016   #1
Top Quality River Gear

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
WE HAVE OUR FIRST WINNER OF A $100 GC!!

Good Evening Beautiful River Riders.... WE HAVE A WINNER!!! For Week 1 of our Capture the Rapture Photo Contest the winner is.... drum roll please..... Mr. Glenn M. from Colorado Springs with this AWESOME SHOT!! Here is the comment he sent in describing the photo "I think what makes this image so special is how brilliant the night sky is in southern Utah. The Milky Way is very bright and clear under the Utah sky night. The canyon of the San Juan is magnificent, too,which adds to the image. Only when you take a raft to a beautiful campsite such as this one, where there are no cars or RVs, and share it with good friends without noise from other camps can you truly enjoy something like this!"

KEEP THOSE ENTRIES COMING! Voting was insanely hard for all of us, we had so so many amazing photos to choose from and some laugh out loud funny stories that went along with them. Remember when we are voting we are giving points for these 5 categories: Creativity, Quality of the Image, Photo Description, Capture the Rapture Theme and Catalog Worthy. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! There is a Maravia waiting for a new home

Here is the link for more details! Capture the Rapture Contest | Cascade River Gear

Have a great evening all ~ Renee
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GlennMartin_EntryC.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	12375  

Old 10-12-2016   #2

Salem, Oregon
Paddling Since: 2005
That's a great shot! Thanks for making it fun for all, and please keep posting the results!
Old 10-12-2016   #3
Top Quality River Gear

Boise, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1960
Quote:
Originally Posted by UriahJones View Post
That's a great shot! Thanks for making it fun for all, and please keep posting the results!
We absolutely will!! It is fun for us too, we will show some sneak peaks as well of other entries. This one had me laughing out loud, great shot and even better story that went along with it. Here is the story "This photo was taken on the Green River through the Gates of Ladore at Rainbow Park Camp. I love this photo because Wally Van Sickle III and Dave Boon took two duckies across the river to look for fossils. Our adult children paddled over in the SUP and took the duckies and left the SUP for both of them to cross back with. They could barely paddle because they were laughing so hard. This is why we love these trips so much!" Entry by Fritz L from Englewood, CO Thanks for your enthusiasm Renee

Click image for larger version

Name:	FritzLaw.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	12376