Undercover Feds Middle Fork Salmon - Page 8 - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-26-2016   #71

cedar city, Utah
^This.

There is a dearth of information in this entire thread that is founded in first hand experiences. As such the internet will often fall back on assumptions and personal bias.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016   #72

4th amendment, folks. unfortunately that cop is not your friend, he may just be looking for an easy bust to get his quota this month.

say "under my attorney's advice i do not to consent to searches" cause that lets them know that first, you don't consent to the search, and second that if they try to pull an illegal search, you got a lawyer. if you say yes when they ask "mind if i just look in here?" then you just consented to having your car torn apart and you get to put it all back together after hours of standing by the roadside.

also, "am i free to go?" or "am i being detained?"if they don't tell you what they stopped you for. they may just be fishin and if you consent to the search, or admit anything, you just jumped into their net. questions like "do you know how fast you were going?" or "do you know what color the light was when you went under it?" prompt folks to confess. how easy can that be for the cop?

even if you don't have anything to hide, consenting too a search gives a corrupt cop the chance to plant something on you. this happens all the time

also, don't keep your weed with your fishing license. you may as well keep it with your registration in your car. not real smart.

here's a good lecture to watch:

Old 08-26-2016   #73

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
CoBoater,

Good advise. Also there are videos about cops triggering
dogs.

I was a federal law enforcement officer for 8 years. Yuck.
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016   #74
Was here

Southern, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1983
I have read a majority of this thread and find it quite interesting how different we all feel about the topic, so thanks for all who posted up.

I do just have one thing to say that really comes to mind, because I've served this country in the military (USMC first 9 years, then next 19 in USAF) for almost 29 years. Me and thousands of others just like me do it so you have the freedoms to run your trap. I hope to retire next year when Hillary takes office because she's a liberal crook and doesn't deserve to lead this country let alone the department of defense...

On to what I wish to say I guess.

Love it or leave it bitches.

But until you find some better country to pack your shit and move to, quit your whining why don't ya? And don't be a dirtbag.

<end rant>

See you in the river!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mountain Buzz mobile app
Old 08-28-2016   #75

Twin Falls, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
I have read a majority of this thread and find it quite interesting how different we all feel about the topic, so thanks for all who posted up.

I do just have one thing to say that really comes to mind, because I've served this country in the military (USMC first 9 years, then next 19 in USAF) for almost 29 years. Me and thousands of others just like me do it so you have the freedoms to run your trap. I hope to retire next year when Hillary takes office because she's a liberal crook and doesn't deserve to lead this country let alone the department of defense...

On to what I wish to say I guess.

Love it or leave it bitches.

But until you find some better country to pack your shit and move to, quit your whining why don't ya? And don't be a dirtbag.

<end rant>

See you in the river!

Thank you for your service, I certainly have admiration for the courage, spirit, and lives that service people have given for our freedoms. That doesn't mean I have to agree with every reason we get in a conflict or you. We are discussing the trampling of the very rights that so many people died to give and protect. It's not Love it or leave it bitches, it's we have that very freedom to discuss, complain and change it if enough of us agree that something needs to be done. Besides that I quite enjoy being a dirtbag at least once in a while.

I have had nothing but good interactions with uniformed people who keep the river running smoothly. The place would be a mess without them. A few professional uniformed fish and game are surely adequate enough to handle a few fishing without licenses violations. In twenty years I've never even been checked. Paying undercover to run rivers is just freaking ridiculous. Yes weed is illegal in Idaho, everybody is quite aware. But what better place to forget about our responsibilities and stresses, maybe smoke a little bud if so inclined, be a complete dirtbag and not have to worry about our God given freedoms being violated than the middle of the Frank Church Wilderness. Common Sense is Common Sense I don't care who you are.
yakenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016   #76

Twin Falls, Idaho
Oh and Schutzie thats some funny shit, I wish I had been there!
Old 08-28-2016   #77
Was here

Southern, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakenman View Post
Thank you for your service, I certainly have admiration for the courage, spirit, and lives that service people have given for our freedoms. That doesn't mean I have to agree with every reason we get in a conflict or you. We are discussing the trampling of the very rights that so many people died to give and protect. It's not Love it or leave it bitches, it's we have that very freedom to discuss, complain and change it if enough of us agree that something needs to be done. Besides that I quite enjoy being a dirtbag at least once in a while.

I have had nothing but good interactions with uniformed people who keep the river running smoothly. The place would be a mess without them. A few professional uniformed fish and game are surely adequate enough to handle a few fishing without licenses violations. In twenty years I've never even been checked. Paying undercover to run rivers is just freaking ridiculous. Yes weed is illegal in Idaho, everybody is quite aware. But what better place to forget about our responsibilities and stresses, maybe smoke a little bud if so inclined, be a complete dirtbag and not have to worry about our God given freedoms being violated than the middle of the Frank Church Wilderness. Common Sense is Common Sense I don't care who you are.
See paragraph #1 from my post. You obviously missed reading it or got distracted.

Old 08-28-2016   #78

Twin Falls, Idaho
Let me get this right then
I'm in the military for your freedom to yap now quit whining about violations to your freedoms or move to a different country dirtbags. It seems your voice should be the loudest one here. Or maybe your just waiting for the next undercover spot to open up. I'm giving it a thought myself. No more trying to win the river lottery, free weed, salary to float, and benefits I'm sure. It would be any dirtbags dream come true!
Old 08-28-2016   #79
Was here

Southern, Oregon
If you were either educated or sober you'd see that I appreciate hearing all the differences from all who have posted. I'm thankful that folks can share their beliefs on here about this topic. I've killed many combatants who threaten those very rights for us to talk/share in this type of forum. Many on here are just bitching about an overbearing government without the facts. I've not heard from one person that witnessed this illegal search first hand. If you act like a dirt bag, that gives the cops sufficient evidence or grounds to believe the search or arrest of a suspect is justified (by law). Anyone know first hand if this was actually an illegal search or not? My money it's on not and it was fully legal.

For those who want to change those laws, great - get to work, but I've got news for you - I haven't heard of or seen a better system in place anywhere in this world. All the rest is just a waste of time, right? Let them do their jobs so the rest of us can have a good river experience less a few rogue law breakers. BTW, why not just camp/launch on the Oregon side?

Now I'm guessing that we're simply not communicating here yankman, and we could clear things up better if we had some time. I do appreciate hearing your opinion because you seem like a reasonable guy. I just hope it's just my poor posts that don't explain my thoughts well that bother you, and you're not just trolling here...

Old 08-28-2016   #80

cedar city, Utah
I agree with much of the sentiment, Kilroy, but was also confused by the wording of your first post. No harm, no foul as it happens plenty on forums.

I would wager this alot of detail missing from the story that would make the simplification here problematic. And while I get and agree with moving away from the influence of the war on drugs we have to be honest with ourselves that your request is not how it works, yakenman. What you are describing is decriminalization and takes a concerted effort to make happen by citizens.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Mountain Buzz mobile app
restrac2000 is offline   Reply With Quote