Undercover Feds Middle Fork Salmon - Page 12 - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-01-2016   #111

boizee, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1984
Yawn.
You guys have said the same thing for how many posts?
Yawn.

boicatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2017   #112

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Damn dude. Just can't win! Got the trumpeter elected and he nominates sessions? Wtf! War on drugs didn't and won't and can't work! Americans love drugs! Just legalize and tax it Mr president! Not even a druggie, just like personal freedom.

Fk! $2000 fine for not signing up for obango care? What in the Holy mofo! Lucky that doesn't concern me! But again it should be a personal damn choice! Not God damn .gov!

Sorry, just stoked about recreation.GOV ruining my dreams in 22 hours! Well, who knows, I voted for trump so maybe he will hook me up with some permits for once!

Wake the fk up people! Merica'!
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017   #113

Grants Pass, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1980
It does seem that this is a very poor use of law enforcement resources. On the river in wild and scenic areas is one of the last places I would worry about being the victim of crime.

With law enforcement agencies always crying about lack of resources and all the criminal activity that abounds in other areas, another layer of LEOs on our rivers seems overly redundant and misguided.

It would be nice if these undercover feds would slow down the heroin and meth traffic from the border to the inner city and save the raft trips for their paid vacation.
Roguelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017   #114

Where is the LIKE button?

Now if someone would just shoot the shitbags consistantly breaking into Rigs at Graves creek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguelawyer View Post
It does seem that this is a very poor use of law enforcement resources. On the river in wild and scenic areas is one of the last places I would worry about being the victim of crime.

With law enforcement agencies always crying about lack of resources and all the criminal activity that abounds in other areas, another layer of LEOs on our rivers seems overly redundant and misguided.

It would be nice if these undercover feds would slow down the heroin and meth traffic from the border to the inner city and save the raft trips for their paid vacation.
oarboatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017   #115

Nederland, Co. nearest town., Either grace or kerfuffled
Paddling Since: 1985
I do believe nps sar is responsible to heloevac someone if required. Part of permit fee(?)
And as far as hospital, they will treat anyone w/out insurance in emergency...ER is where half the population gets medical care these days. If your're worried about weed, just bring edibles.
Jungle Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017   #116

Denver, Colorado
This thread was started as "undercover Feds" but the only tale with any credibility appears to be some un-uniformed Idaho F&G wardens checking fishing permits and making an arrest incidental to that. Not feds, and not out there to prioritize that enforcement.
markhusbands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017   #117

Somewhere in, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1996
Whoa whoa whoa. Don't go on distorting this thread with this logic.
Soup76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017   #118
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Jane View Post
I do believe nps sar is responsible to heloevac someone if required. Part of permit fee(?)
The Middle Fork is part of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness and doesn't have anything to do with NPS. Life flight has done extractions and Air One too I believe. If not from the river itself they have done flights into the FS areas around.

Air-One Emergency Response Coalition

Cool organization and they don't charge.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote