Undercover Feds Middle Fork Salmon - Page 11 - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-31-2016   #101
Was here

Southern, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1983
I believe it's related to this topic:

Here is one if those "fed" pain clothes ranger jobs hiring in many locations near you! Pay isn't that good, but on several of them you get to float the river. Maybe even enforce a few regulations.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/426472600/

Hope this doesn't sir the
pot (<---not weed)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Advertisement

Old 08-31-2016   #102

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
Great hiring more enforcers.

.gov spending money trying to figure out if a grizzly in western montana migrated from the north or south. Wtf? Who cares.

.gov spending money on so much stupid shit. How about chilling a bit and just do what your supposed to do. Protect us from foreign countries. That's all you need to do .gov.

Now go away.
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #103

Nye, Montana
Paddling Since: 2012
If you don't know how your freedoms are slowly ripped from you, this is how it works.

Goose steppers get a kick out of the fact that idaho gets back more than they send to big brother. Ya know, because .gov confiscates, Blackmails, steals 25 to 33% of idaho residents income and the state one takes 6.8%. Wtf? .gov you only there to protect us from carpet riders and such.

"Hey this is big brother (.gov) I got your call asking for highway funds. Me and ma' (the fed/irs) talked to over and decided that you don't deserve any more money until you Institute a seat belt law". Lil bitch (idaho) "but bro, my citizens prefer freedom of choice. They don't like you guys telling us what to do." Bro "well have fun driving on dirt roads and tell your ppl thanks for putting me up in 4 star hotels all over the world".

Weeks later idaho breaks down and crawls to bro saying he took more freedoms away from his people. big brother and ma ma are sooooo happy!
Mattchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2016   #104
Was here

Southern, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattchu View Post
How about chilling a bit and just do what your supposed to do. Protect us from foreign countries. That's all you need to do .gov.

Now go away.
I've got some bad news for you, and I'm speaking from first hand experience here. We can't even do that right under the current administration. And my guess is that Billhillary isn't going to either when she takes office. Our military is barely capable as it's less than half the size it was back when I joined during the Regan years. I get cutting spending, but to get where we're at now is incredible. Maybe all the DoD money is going to "feds" to bust pot smokers on Idaho rivers?

Old 08-31-2016   #105
Was here

Southern, Oregon
Mattchu - this thread's gonna give you high blood pressure. "Summer, Donna na" why don't-cha!

Old 08-31-2016   #106
Old Guy in a PFD

Tucson, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattman View Post
Schutzie, I am having a tough time picturing you as Law enforcement!
What agency did you work for?
It was in my youth. You know, before I grew up.
3 years in Thornton;
I quit because I had gotten back into rafting (a story for another day) and was running commercial on weekends. My supervisor took exception cause, you know, I was associating with a bunch of long haired dope smoking hippies (true, but irrelevant to my cop job) and he was pushing me to make a choice. Then I busted a city officials kid for burglary, the city official put pressure on the chief, who put pressure on my supervisor, who told me to tell the chief to stick it up his ass, but please keep him (the supervisor) out of it.
I decided fuck it, I loved the work but not the politics, and told the supervisor he could stick it up his ass.
Ran full time commercial till I met my wife and she gently pointed out that there were no retired river guides collecting a pension, and maybe I should think about that.
Schutzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #107
Misspellingintothefuture!

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Good on ya Schutzie!
Always happy to see good people in law enforcement, probly even happier to see them tell jerk wads to fuck off when they need it!
Have never gotten into law enforcement myself, but really enjoyed my river guiding days.
Old 08-31-2016   #108

White salmon, Washington
Paddling Since: 05
Undercover Feds Middle Fork Salmon

I'm just surprised he referred to himself in the first person!

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Trejos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #109

OTR, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Guess I'm just gonna keep boating in Colorado with an American flag spray painted on top of my boat so it's unpatriotic to ever get flipped, running shuttle in a ratty old subaru spray painted to look like the General Lee just so people know i roll with dirt bags and am one too
SKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016   #110
Was here

Southern, Oregon
Being a dirt bag is your God given right, but disobeying the law and then bitching about how effed up our government (and the cops) is will simply validate that you're an ignorant asshat.