Mountain Buzz banner

Support Raft Needed

Tags
rafting
3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SBlue 
#1 ·
First Descents, a Vail based non-profit organization providing whitewater kayaking programs to young adults with cancer, is seeking support rafters for their CO programs. Volunteers should have rafts with oar frames, their own trailers & transport. Must be comfortable rowing Class II - III water, and confident about being responsible for safely transporting medical staff & supplies. Rafters needed for July 28, 30 & 31, and August 4, 6 & 7. If interested, please contact Whitney: whitneyl@firstdescents.org

#4 ·
Yeah, what he said^^^

Also, will lunch or other meals be provided?

Where in Colorado will the events be held?

Will lodging or campsites be provided?

Please clarify the details of your needs and you will have a much better chance of getting potential volunteers to pursue this opportunity.

#5 ·
If possible could you be more specific...

What river?

Do we need to commit to all the days or can we just do one or two? (I have a day job...and can't afford to take off more than one day)

Are these overnight trips?

any other information that you have and think we (as possible volunteers) might need?

#6 ·
Wow, you guys are quick on the draw! We will be based in Minturn, CO and paddling mostly the Upper C (Dotsero). Yes, anyone can volunteer for just a day or two - no overnight commitment. Support rafters meet us at camp in Minturn in the morning (around 9am) and are free to go from the take-out. Lunch is provided!

#7 ·
Whitney,

Just tried sending you an email but it got sent back...

You can count on me for one of the days at the end of July...
Which ever day your having the most trouble filling in...I'll take it..
or whatever you decide...just let me know by Monday of that week so I can tell the powers that be!

I have a car, trailer, and 14 foot raft with an oar frame.

feel free to email me
mattywp@gmail.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.