Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 04-13-2011   #1
Park City, Utah
Paddling Since: 2001
Storing a Trailer and Raft in Grand Junction for 4 days?

I am going to be doing a 5 day R/H and Westwater trip the weekend after next. Then we plan on going up to Park City, UT for 3-4 days after the raft trip. I really don't want to pull the trailer and the cat to PC and worry about everything there would be to worry about, and would like to leave it in GJ. I was thinking about trying to rent a storage shed for a week, but not sure how easy it would be to get a 8' by 12' trailer with a 18' cat into one. Seems like all the ones around where I live are really built close to one another, and I would have problems backing the trailer into one. Is there another solution besides renting a shed? Or if not, anyone know of a more open storage facility that this wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for any info - BS

BullSCit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011   #2
I'm wrong 50% of the time
RFV, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
I left my Westfalia at the KOA in Green River, UT [(435) 564-3651] when I did a MFS trip a few years ago. I think they charged me $1 a day and it seemed relatively safe and secure. Call ahead and see what they can do. Might be easier than going back to GJ. Lock the boat to the trailer with a chain and padlock your hitch to a tree or parking block.

brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011   #3
BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
This is the kind of thing Dibble could help you out with if you still had his card. I seem to have lost mine.
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011   #4
Carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Try calling a (power) boat storage lot. I'm sure there are plenty in GJ or even Green River that could probably help you out. Most that I've seen are in fenced in with razor wire lots.

Just found this with a quick google search:
tmaggert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011   #5
Palisade, Colorado
PM sent.
peak is offline   Reply With Quote