Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 01-14-2011   #81
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Originally Posted by Randaddy View Post
Kayakers should all be put into camps.
And only allowed to drink PBR when they want a beer!

Oh... wait.... Never mind...

Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011   #82
Moab, Utah
Paddling Since: 2006
A rafter taught me how to kayak, a kayaker taught me how to raft. When our raft runs out of beer, a kayaker paddles to another boat to fetch some more. When a kayaker gets tired of the flat water or starts to feel soggy, he climbs up on one of our rafts and we strap his boat to the back, or tow it along.

I think the filtering idea doesn't sound like much of a pain, but at the same time, there is a lot of overlap across the two sports. If I just want to read posts about rafting, I may miss information about a new hazard in a kayaking thread, or vice-versa. Wait, maybe that belongs in the safety forum, but it was originally a post about how someone just got their offsides combat roll in their new Jackson...

“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.”-Ed Abbey
Emmielou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011   #83
Front Range, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2007
how about we eliminate all catagories/forums/filters all together and just let everyone post in on big forum with the old tree/hierarchy view (i'm sick of clicking into threads, i want it all right away). while we are at it, let's just move all this into a yahoo or google group. Keep It Simple Stupid.
nmalozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011   #84
Ideally we'd ban all rafters, ducky-ers, and gapers from the buzz. I don't think that'll happen so maybe for now we just create two forums.
doublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011   #85
West of Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Man, I am glad us canoers aren't getting called out in the thread. .
Chief Niwot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011   #86
Boy Howdy!
Colotucky, USA
Paddling Since: 2006
So if kayakers and rafters get split into 2 different forums can we at least get a third one also so we can heckle each other in or where my split personalities can bitch at each other for rafting/ kayaking? Plus just think of how boring it would be if we couldn't do it in just one forum and all those hours we would have to actually work at work since we will be losing our entertainment during the work week.
Who's your monkey?
pinemnky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011   #87
God Amongst Men
Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Originally Posted by Chief Niwot View Post
Man, I am glad us canoers aren't getting called out in the thread. .
oh you silly kneelin' one bladed crazies, dont think we hadn't forgotten about you. we just havent gotten there yet!
"Don't f$&@ing eddy out, just run it! Whaddya doin??" -LMyers
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011   #88
Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
aj, i was wondering where we fit into all this! being from a niche of another niche sport, i would say don't do it. we're all in this together. most kayakers aren't that bad, and i love to row my family down the rivers in our raft.
You deserve a good paddling!
coloradopaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011   #89
doesn't need a fake name
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Yes! Split! I remember last time there was an uprising like this, someone suggested that instead of splitting into a gapers' forum and a normal forum, we could split into an elitist jerk forum and a normal forum. I think that would be perfect, because then I could click on the elitist jerk tab (right next to gear talk) and filter out all the rafting posts.
leif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011   #90
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
This is so obvious

There are many topics that don't mix that seem similar. Muslims and Christians share the fact they practice a religion, but you don't see Christians going to Mecca. Rafters, duckies, river boarders...get your own place to hang out. You may think we are similar, but we don't mix.

Leave the kayakers to topics we want to hear about. Class V and up runs, pain quests, sick videos, weird punctuation from MILO, taunts between Tom Janney and Sean Lee. If you are a rafter, chances are you don't even get half the shit we talk about anyways...especially if it is about TJ and SL.

jasons is offline   Reply With Quote