Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Rafting

Old 01-09-2011   #21
other side, of the mountain
Paddling Since: 1994
My god, is it too much trouble to look past the threads that don't interest you? Leave it.

Smurfwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #22
no tengo
Baytopia, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1876
It comes up every year because its VALID. why does saying "it comes up every year" somehow make it invalid?

mania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #23
Split them! I'm tired of rafter talk!!!!

And post that damn Rush video. Apparently my facebook friends suck.
doublet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #24
Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Rush's River Roots trailer for Frontier:

river roots | home

Looks pretty sweet, and glad I browse boatertalk since I refuse to social network

I say split the forums as well, helps keep things organized. It is just as easy to click into another forum as it is to ignore posts in the same forum. But my biggest complaint (which has not happened this year yet) is the overkill political arguing in the Eddy, when it happens I do not want to see those posts included in the most recent posts page that a lot of us use.
kayakfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #25
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Split 'em....rafters are d-bags and kayakers are prima donna's, no need to intermingle.
Mountain Buzz is dead anyway.
Doublet, if I hadn't quit FB, your daily feed would be much improved. Screw the internet...its for cubicle jockeys, tweeny-boper's and Sean Lee.
Chris Morrison
CGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #26
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I agree... create a rafters forum and kayakers forum. People who want to see all content can look at new posts, and its essentially the same as it is now. Kayakers who want kayak only content can have it. There isn't currently any way for kayakers who have no interest in rafting content to bypass it without wading through it.

Its a legit request, one that would enhance the function of the buzz, and one that would make a lot of kayakers happy.

Comments like "skip over it" are useless. If it was just one post, then it would be valid, but skipping over 50% of the content takes time, and computers... gasp... can be easily configured to make things quicker and easier.

I personally would like to be able to check into the buzz... take a quick look and see what new kayak content is there, and if I want, explore further.

There is no concensus... a good segment of the buzz would appreciate this type of change, and if done smartly, it wouldn't negatively impact function it would improve it.

While we are at it, whats the plan with the flows page? I'm a diehard AW supporter, but for flows, the AW page sucks. The old buzz had a really slick and condensed flows page that allowed you to assess flows across the entire state with a quick look. Eddyflower had great run content, but made checking the flows more complicated. It would be great to see a better flows utility. I'm a gauge geek and I know where to go to check the nitty gritty details of all the gauges I want, but it sure would be nice to get a simple flows at a glance set up again.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011   #27
C. Springs, Colorado
Originally Posted by craporadon View Post
Even girl kayakers get their own forum, Betty Buzz. So it just makes sense there should be a separate rafter forum as well as a seperate SUP forum. Just call them Airhead Buzz and River Blader Buzz.
We could call the kayakers....speed bump buzz
caverdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #28
Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Originally Posted by mania View Post
It comes up every year because its VALID. why does saying "it comes up every year" somehow make it invalid?
Because it only comes up in the winter, when most rocky mountain kayakers are enjoying the snow. Nobody complains about it during runoff.
GARNA’s mission is to foster stewardship of the resources of the greater Arkansas River region through education, volunteerism and experiences. https://garna.org
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #29
Boulder, Colorado
My main problem with rafters on the forum is that they have to much logical discussions and not enough talk of meat huckin and shit talking, basically they are just a bunch of pussies.
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011   #30
Goshen, New York
I do both. Leave it the way it is.

rebel1916 is offline   Reply With Quote