Mountain Buzz banner

Snow report

4K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  DoStep 
#1 ·
#4 ·

Not looking as good for Montana currently. But at least we typically get a lot of our snow pack in the next 3 months. So lots of time left.

I did notice that the smith, judith, musselshell basin came up by two percentage points since yesterday (from 69 to 71), that's nice.

#7 ·
In idaho I'm getting hammered with the white even at low elevation. I'm 2200 and have 3 feet of snow. The ski hill has pow every day it seems. I think we have 3x the snow right now than last year. It have been rain or snowing for 3 months straight now. I have a feeling the Boundary put in on MFS wont open until July! It could rain until June. Just a gut feeling, but I think cancellations due to low water in Idaho will be slim this year.

#8 ·
We have a ton of snow in the Bitterroot Valley too. But last year we started with a lot and then it all went away in january. I am optimistic that this isn't going to happen, but there is still time for the January thaw. It is mind boggling that the Lochsa and selway drainage aren't even at 90%.

#9 ·
Lower British Columbia is average to above average. Anything north of that is below average to well below average, generally, as of January 1st: River Forecast Centre – Environment – Province of British Columbia

Having said that, I just checked the weather forecast and Whistler,BC is supposed to get between 4 to 5 feet of snow this week alone!

#10 ·
Picked a hell of a year to make an offer on our first house and rebudget according to that new lifestyle. Rivers could be rising the year we have no travel budget.

January thaw isnt happening the same way as usual in Southern Utah. Mountains still gaining snow while lower elevations getting days of rain, drizzle and sleet. No snow left but we are gaining tons of precip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.