Old 07-24-2010   #71
Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1978
Is that guide who looks like Shaggy, with the dumbass stuffed eagle, off the pumphouse boatramp yet?

Just wondrin'.

NolsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010   #72
Horserump, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
Two hotshot kayakers boarded a flight out of Reno. One sat in the window seat; the other sat in the middle seat. Just before the take-off a raft guide got on and took the aisle seat next to the two kayakers. Once in the air after the three had exchanged pleasantries and river interests, the rafter kicked off his shoes, wriggled his toes, and was settling in when the kayaker in the window seat said, "I think I'll get up and get a coke."
"No problem," said the guide. "I'll get it for you."
While he was gone, one of the kayakers picked up one of the rafter's shoes, hawked up from deep in his throat, and spat in it. When the guide returned with the coke, the other kayaker said, "Hey, that looks good. I think I'll have one too."
Again, the guide obligingly went to fetch the coke. While he was gone, the other kayaker picked up the second shoe and did as his companion had done. The guide returned, and they all sat back and enjoyed the flight exchanging those "Oh, shit, and there I was" tales. As the plane was landing, the guide slipped on his shoes and, as he did not wear socks, knew immediately what had happened.
"How long must this go on?" the guide lamented to himself. "This competition between our respective river passions? This animosity? This contempt for one another? This spitting in shoes and pissing in cokes?"

yak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010   #73
Whitewater Boater, Boating Whitewater
Paddling Since: 2004
Urban Dictionary: gaper

Not taking sides, 'cause I wasn't there and most everyone needs lessons in communication at times, myself certainly included.

But for perspective, if we are talking about the banks, we can talk about ownership and access, but were it not for commercial trade regs and such, the people that owned the banks would really own the waters, right, so to a certain extent, without the commercial interests, there would be much less private access. Commercials have some power and as most of you know, the individual or even the moderate sized group has next to none.

My understanding of the public teat, I think, is different than the one that used it. I thought the public teat was folks like forest rangers, teachers, road workers, people on unemployment, parents taking neighbors' wealth without significant financial need. and the like. People that sell a product or a service to the general public are just participating in supply and demand economics. Now the fact that not everyone can go get a guide license or that you even need one at all is a public contortion of an otherwise free market concept.

So I am assuming that the person that wrote that, is not a public employee, has never taken unemployment insurance without paying it back, paid the full cost of the education of his own children (did not simply let his neighbors do so because he could get away with it), has paid back the cost of his own primary, secondary and other education (or someone else has done so voluntarily for you) and certainly does not plan on taking any social security unless he is in critical financial need. These be the money teats.

Anyone want a coke?
yakrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010   #74
Dipshit with the most.
Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Well it happened again.......

Very large commercial trips launching Saturday am on the Upper Main Salmon. Privates stayed out of the way. Commercials quickly launched and got off the ramp.

Privates helped some commercials. Some commercial guides helped some of the privates.

One little runt of a guide gave me a dirty look when I offered to help pick up their rigged oar boat..............she is one of those who apparently has to "prove" she can lift her boat. Whatever.

Awesome weekend and we fished the shit out of it.

carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote